Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guide for event.txt ?

does someone have made a guide, FAQ of the all the new
    Event.txt options of ToT ? (EnableTechnology, etc...)

Again, go to the tips in Cradle of Civilization: http://coc.apolyton.net/guides/index.shtml There are two excellent tips on the use of flags and masks for events. BTW, can you tell us a bit about your scenario?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Again, go to the tips in Cradle of Civilization: http://coc.apolyton.net/guides/index.shtml There are two excellent tips on the use of flags and masks for events. BTW, can you tell us a bit about your scenario?
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

In my experience the family of enable technology events work very well. It is very important to remember that these values are stored in the saved game file and NOT in the rules.txt. Read Darthveda's Paper for a complete understanding.

One of the key flag checks does not work however, the checkflag using mask and count. The other checkflag variations work OK however.

Comment

yes but...

i read the 2 guides for flag & masks
          but that was not really my question:

in these guides i can see new "options"
          AND
          COUNT
          Enabletechnology...

and i want to know if there is another "new" option that
          are not in these guide "exemples"
          somethings like...
          ELSE
          discover map
          revover map

if someone have made a list of all new options

My japan scenario 4 clans new techs, wonders, units
          i will first make like an "original" game (start on a undiscovered japan map with no techs) and maybe i will create 1 or two
          others scenarios will "realistic" towns name and situation (1 map, units/terrain.. but 2-3 scn and events)

u can see a screenshot here

Comment

thanks to William Keenan...

who have email me the Macro.txt for Test of Time !
            i hadn't this file on my french version i'll ask some others french
            users to know if this file is missing in the french version or if i had unfortunatly delete it !

Comment

I doubt you deleted it. The German version didn't ship it either, so I think it's only included in the English version.
              BTW, I only accidentally got the file after I had already tested the event functions by trial and error (using the debugger) for weeks...
              What a shame MPS not even included a hint that such a file existed in English language!
              Civilization Webring Forum

Comment

Checkflag and Count

One of the key flag checks does not work however, the checkflag using mask and count. The other checkflag variations work OK however.
                William Keenan

WK, I'm a little green with ToT. Does this mean the following won't work?

@IF
                BRIBEUNIT
                who=Garfield
                whom=Cranford
                unittype=45
                @AND
                CHECKFLAG
                who=Garfield
                mask=0b00000000000000000000000001001000
                count=2
                state=on
                @THEN
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Boco, the Checkflag with a Mask and Count fuctions exactly the same as if you used Threshold (instead of Count). So, the Checkflag will be True if the number of positive flags is greater then or equal to the Count (or Threshold) parameter.

Is that clear?

The best advice I could give is to ignore the Count feature and use the Threshold instead, since that's the way it works anyway.

Ironically the Checkflag statement above would work correctly because there are only two Flags in the Mask.

Comment

Working...
                  X