Mr. Temba's Enemy of God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Temba's Enemy of God

Well, this is a brand-spanking newbie here (but no, I do not enjoy spanking ).

It seems this forum is half-dead, but what the heck -- I'll just post something and see what happens. BTW, I have very much enjoyed reading the discussion on this forum, especially those by Cal and Xie "The Scenario Buster" Yu.

Has anyone played Mr. Temba's "Enemy of God?" This is really one of the most unique scenarios I've played -- all out war, in just about the most literal sense (there's only one improvement and three wonders you can build). The whole thing is based on Bernard Cornwell's outstanding "Warlord Chronicle" series almost to the letters. All in all, this is a very entertaining scenario, a lot of fun.

I just completed playing it for the first time (first two tries ended in failure, more or less). So I think I have some good tips. But I'll wait and see if there's any interest in this scenario in this forum before posting a very long part-by-part strategy guide (there are five parts in Enemy of God). For the time being, I just like to ask a question (to Cal, Xin Yu, FM Klesh, or any other experts out there): is it possible, even theoretically, to negotiate an alliance (with the UN and Eiffel Tower wonder) on Deity level, with another civilization while I'm the "supreme" power? I ask this because this negotiation is a key part in Part 2 of this multi-part scenario, and failure to get an alliance will bring endless trouble later on -- and I have tried, tried, tried again (giving away all my techs and just about all my money as gifts) but without success. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Domino; August 17, 2001, 04:46.

If two AI civs are at war and you ask one civ for alliance, you may get it by offering going to war against its enemy.

Comment

Ah, a reply from THE MAN himself! I'm not worthy indeed!

I think I know what you're talking about (though I doubt if it's possible to initiate an offer of going to war in exchange for an alliance): I'm at peace with X, I'm at peace with Y, X is at war with Y; I'm negotiating with X, and X might ask me to declare war on Y in exchange for an alliance "for the duration of the hostility." The trouble with Enemy of God is that I'm supposed to get an alliance with the Powy civ, but every AI that's at war with Powy is already at war with me too.

Any more ideas on this alliance thing? Also, how many of you have played Enemy of God? One more thing: should I try to move this thread to Scenario League forum?

Comment

Working...
      X