Midgard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midgard

Cna some one tell me who is best to start with, and what i need to do to keep playing this one. I always just stop after about 50 turns, i dunno why. i think its because no matter hwat i do, some stupid barbarians thwart my efforts to progress. plz ppl, tell me what to do to enjopy midgard
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

It's been a while. Actually, I might try it again:

Elves - Good defensive position (their capital is almost 100% safe for a long time) and units, can colonise the eastern continent, which is fairly rot-proof.

Goblins - Rot proof underground bases, as well as the normal surface ones. I never played the Stygians as I liked the Goblins so much, but I suspect they're the same.

And make sure you read the post here about the ways to win on the Midgard scenario - it's not all that clear in the game itself.

Comment

Elvs is the best. It holds the key tech for every tech path. And you can build a lot of cities on your home island without worrying about defense. If you build coastal cities you can use ships to move your archers (0-move but strong) to there and protect them.

Bueto is next. Fly your settlers to the empty continent and expand without any competition. You can fly so you'll meet Elvs pretty early. Trade with Elvs to get its tech towards everything else.

Goblin is so-so. Move your settlers from underground to the other continent and expand there without competition. You'll be weak at first since you cannot build your second level infantry unit (can only be built under fundi). Try to find the Elvs and trade tech with it.

Other 3 civs: not good. Cannot expand at first and home land is constantly under threat. Find Elvs asap and trade tech with it. Then build ships to move to and expand on the other continent. The worst of them is the Southern one (don't remember civ name).

Comment

Working...
      X