TOT Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TOT Graphics

I definitely prefer the "old" Civ2 graphics, cities, units and so on instead of the new TOT version.
    I've also installed the "clearer" version found somewhere on the web but the old Civ2 pictures are still the best.
    How can I do to use the original Civ2 pictures?
    Almadyr IV

1> make a copy of the 'original' folder
    2> delete all 'unitxx.spr' files, 'static.spr' and 'units.bmp' from 'original'
    3> copy the 'units.gif' file from the ToT root directory into 'original'
    -={Stormchild}=-

Comment

... and this will work even with the original (and not Tot) units and the other bla bla bla files?
      Almadyr IV

Comment

it works with units.gif

Terrain1.gif needs modifying so instead of 2 terrain tiles + 2 resources tiles, it has 3 terrain tiles + 2 resource tiles. Also delete 'resource.spr' (i think its called that).
        Terrain2.gif works as is.

the other files i dont know about although i might try them at some point.

almost forgot: make sure you use units.gif from the ToT folder, it has more unit slots than the older civ2 versions.
        -={Stormchild}=-

Comment

It seems not easy as I thought it should be... but no problem, I will try as soon as I have some spare time!
          Thanks for the help!

I suppose that I can use also modified .gif files (... this could be a "Watson" question... :banned:

Thanks again!
          Almadyr IV

Comment

any .gif file that works with any version of civ2 can be converted into a ToT compatible one with a bit of effort. Basically, you copy and paste the stuff you want from the old files to the ToT ones.
            -={Stormchild}=-

Comment

Working...
            X