tot graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tot graphics

okay, to put it plainly, the graphics in test of time are just horrible. sometimes in nearly impossible to make out your own units. the animations dont mean crap if u cant even tell what ur looking at. ok i'm done complaining; i'm sure you've heard it countless times already.

but... while checking out the graphic files (i want tot to look more like the old civ2), i noticed that the images included in test of time are 24bit color! damn! what a waste of imagery! the graphics in test of time have so much potetial. in light of this, i have began my first graphic pak. i've already seen some of the textures i'm working on, and with better coloring, it looks pretty sweet so far!

-dex
    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Dexter,

Yes - the dark and blurry graphics was one of the first criticisms of ToT. Some people found that adjusting their monitors was the easiest 'work around'.

Best of luck with your graphics pack too - it's a long haul, but of immense satisfaction if your results are good!

Comment

thanks. i havent had time to tweek on it and get all the tiny details right, like the shorelines connecting exactly right. i was going to post what i have so far here, but there's no way it would fit

seriously, it's in an early state, but i love it already. test of time brought much needed fixes to the series as well as unofficial simultanious multplayer play. the graphics simply made the game nearly unplayable, but now that i've taken care of that i really love this game!

Comment

okay, one more thing that pisses me off about the TOT graphics: the unit positions. most of the units are placed way to high in the square, and the naval units are horribly placed. if you look at the units.bmp file you will see what i'm talking about. i cant say i like any of the art in TOT, but a SMALL number of units actually look quite good compared to the original civ2, but when I see them in the actual game it just pisses me off

Comment

great news dexter
          can u please send me the graphics, i was wating for this a long time
          my email is:
          moris_m@inter.net.il

Comment

i luv the tot graphics....

i agree with the point about the boats, how many times have i moved my submarine to attack an enemy ship when i move ity to the rong quare and the next turn myt sub is gone

but i do prefer the civ2 2.42 city screen by far. you can see the readouts ****loads easier.
            eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

...=/

"but i do prefer the civ2 2.42 city screen by far. you can see the readouts ****loads easier."

u can ! u can have City screen and game windows like original Civ2 !

Comment

yeah, you can change the city windows too (thank god!). i'm sorry i never got back to you guys about the kit i've been working on. well, actually i havent exactly been working on it. there's a whole lot of little touch-ups i need to do before i feel it's ready to release. but if you want to see where it is so far, i can send you my current terrain files. the final kit will have new terrain, new city windows, new icons (mainly the selected unit icon, which SUCKS in TOT, i mean wtf were they thinking by making it yellow - the same color as the terrain), and new unit graphics. the units definitally need to be placed different, but as for the unit pics themselves, what do you guys think. civ2 original, or TOT, or a combination?

Comment

ill be glade to get your files although u arent done yet.
                  send them to:
                  moris_m@inter.net.il
                  and a combination of the units from civ2 with tot units will be great.
                  btw, will they be animated ? animeted units are better...
                  and thanx again for doing this great graphic job!!!

Comment

i guess depending on your input (or anyone else's) i will go forward or not with this project. honestly, i've been spending all my time on other projects (however they are still civ2 related). let's just say i'm making my own civ2

Comment

i got your files and so far it looks great...

Comment

okay i got a lot more of the kit done. the beaches look much better now that they are all touched up. river mouths have been fixed, however some of them still look a little bit odd in the game. the shorelines flow together now, which really makes it look good

i need advice about the units, which is the only thing left aside from city windows. obviously, this is for those of us who want to turn the unit animations off. if you want unit animations, you'll have to keep the original unit art, which is ugly IMO, but whatever, it's you're choice. anyways, i agree about having a mix of TOT units and CIV2 units. but which ones? well, here's what i'd like to see from civ2:
                        settlers
                        musketeers
                        fanatics
                        armor
                        artillery
                        howitzer
                        fighter/stealth fighter
                        bomber/stealth bomber
                        ALL the navy units (For placement purposes. units shouldn't be twice the size of the tiles anyways)
                        diplomat
                        spy
                        cruise missile can stay but it needs to be smaller

these are the civ2 i definitally want to replace the tot ones with. there were a lot of iffy ones though, such as phalanx and explorer. any suggestions?

Comment

plz send me the new fixed files.
                          and are you gonna change the city graphic ?
                          (all 4 city styles looks ugly).

Comment

honestly, the city graphics are pretty low on the list right now, but yes i would like to see new city graphics and i will include new ones as part of the final kit just because u suggested it

Comment

please help with the units. compare units.gif from CIV2 to units.bmp from TOT and tell me what you think

Comment

Working...
                              X