Wonder Bug In TOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder Bug In TOT

I have an Athlon 1.2gig PC with 256 megs of ram, but every time Iachieve a wonder in TOT, it refuses to run and a box pops up stating "ICDecompressEXreturned-3". The music runs. In fact, I can't get rid of the ugly block until the music stops. Any ideas what's wrong? How can I either get the video to run or eliminate the process entirely? BTW the wonders run just fine on the original CIVII.

i dont know, but civ2: test of time doesn't have wonder movies. i dont see why they took it out other than disc space, in fact i was looking forward to them since my other civ2 cd was scratched, so i bought test of time and no movies
    Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

THanks for the info. I finally got rid of the error messages, but I agree that it's a shame they don't have any new movies. They don't even tell you what effect the wonder has (onscreen) anymore. Still, it's an interesting change of graphics, although they are a bit dark.

Comment

Yes you CAN have movies in CIV2TOT.

All you have to do is this:

1. First start your CIV2TOT game up.

2. After the game has been launched, remove your CIV2TOT disc and replace it with the CIV2 or the CIV2MGE disk.

3. Your wonder movies will play

***NOTE*** However, inorder for the movies to play on your computer, you need to have the INDEO Drivers loaded on your machine. CIV2TOT does not come with Indeo Drivers, but CIV2/CIV2MGE does. So if you do not want to load CIV2 on your machine, that's fine, but you will need the Indeo Drivers. Happy Civin'

Comment

thanks for the tip Wittlich
          Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

Working...
          X