ToT and .GIF files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT and .GIF files

Has anyone else noticed that ToT is quite willing to accept standard Civ II .GIF files instead of its .bmp files?
    -={Stormchild}=-

Test of Time uses a 16 bit graphic format. Older version use 8 bit (256 colors).

GIF files only support 8 bit graphics, therefore they can not be used with ToT.

Comment

Then why is my ToT currently running quite happily with terrain1.gif, terrain2.gif and units.gif?

If you delete the .spr and .bmp files, ToT loads the .gif instead. I think its left over from the previous versions.

The only change needed is to increase the number of unit slots in units.gif to allow for the extra ToT units and to change fthe terrain1.gif from 2+2 special tiles per terrain to 3+2 special tiles used in the .bmp files.
      -={Stormchild}=-

Comment

Yes, i knew this one (Possidente told something about this ages ago).
        but each time i tried my Tot made a mess with color-table, making gifs useless.
        Does your tot version work with correct colors?

greetings,
        Angelo
        "If it works, it's obsolete."
        -- Marshall McLuhan

Comment

My ToT works fine. The only problem i have atm is that the unit health bar wont show the colour of the owner. Apart from that everything looks exactly like original civ 2.

One thing i have noticed though is that MS Paint cant save civ-2 compatible gifs. I use a program called QV for saving .gifs and they work fine.
          -={Stormchild}=-

Comment

Working...
          X