Does anyone else get this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else get this?

After you have just one a game using servear mordern tecnology and stuf (ie, howitzers and bombers). Do you kinda feel bored when you have to start all over?
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Tired ? Bored ? Lonely ?

Has your ToT 'Get up & Go' got up & Gone ?

Then why not try the "OriginalPLus" Modpack to spice up those "Original" Saved game files or your next Original game from scratch.

This modpack is designed so that it can be used with any "Original" saved game.

In addition to using all of the extra unit slots in Test-of-Time for various extra 'real-world' units it also corrects a number of minor bugs / inconsistencies in the original Civ II game.

Simply save your existing game, load this Modpack and then continue playing with the Many more unit choices suddenly available to you (and to your opponents).

Listen to some of the many glowing player testimonials on the modpack

"I started playing an 'OriginalPlus' game over a year ago, and already my headache has gone !."

[I]"Thanks to Civ2 ToT and 'OriginalPlus' I am no longer late for work or have any marital conflict - I'm unemployed, divorced and a destitute social isolate"

- and many more.

THIS can be your story !

To find out more simply access this URL

Also available is the OriginalPlus 3-D addon which simulates a 3D world and allowing Undersea (Deep Ocean) and Stratospheric travel for certain units.

Hide your Submarines in the deep ocean with their cargo of deadly missiles and only rise to the surface to wreak havoc on the enemy !

Fly your sleek stratospheric aircraft right over that line of defensive musketeers or pikemen and laugh. (Ha Ha Ha) at the enemy's pathetic "Ring of Airbases" defense strategy.

Enjoy.

Comment

Bored... Tired...

naaaa....
      I can't believe! Civ Boring
      Howitzer and Bombers work in the same way as Archers and Catapults!!! (well a little slowlier but the effects are the same)...
      Different strategies, no railroads, you've to think when, where and if attack instead to rush your 12 howitzers and 6 bombers over the enemy's capital city... (I have to admit that often I begin to be bored when I start to get armors and helicopters and stuff like that...)
      But definitely you can't be bored by Civ, it doesn't matter in which "civ age"... at least this is what I think! (and this is why it is the BEST computer game)...

I love to start over!
      Almadyr IV

Comment

for me, the fun in civ lies in having masses of howies, battleships, bombers and tanks to slowly tear apart and wipe out a whole civ in 2 turns :P

thats why scenarios are good, get straight to the point.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
          for me, the fun in civ lies in having masses of howies, battleships, bombers and tanks to slowly tear apart and wipe out a whole civ in 2 turns :P

Ok, but you can have a lot of catapults, archers, legions and so on... do you get the point?
          I'm not saying that you have to improve your civ to have fun, I don't say that you have not to enjoy in crushing the others (this is usually what I like too ) ... simply you can get a lot of fun in destroying with crusader and knights... but, I think, it's only a matter of preferences

thats why scenarios are good, get straight to the point.
          and, definitely, I agree, most scenarios get straight to the point!
          (by the way did you ever play to Total Annihilation? - if you like tech wars... it's an oldie but goldie game!)
          Almadyr IV

Comment

never played it, spunds fun though

I just find it more fun to send 10 howies along a railroad across an entire continent and whipe out, the nto slowly send a group of legions and catapaults, which dont ignore citie walls, to have there arse wooped by a cannon because by the time the got there, iron working and maths was obselete!

Comment

Working...
            X