Info on TOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on TOT

OK, I'm seriously thinking of buying Civ2:TOT but what I need is some info on what is the difference between the ordinary game Civ2 and Test of time (do you have new units, terraing, cities...)?
    So if somebody knows a web page about TOT I'd be grateful if he could tell it to me.
    Thanks

Basically Test of Time introduces an "ExtendedOriginal" Game which allows to player to travel to Alpha Centauri (and meet Aliens) (and yes, there are extra Units) , a "Fantasy" Game and a "Sci-Fi" game and one Scenario - The "Midgard" Scenario (based on the "Fantasy" game).

There are (or can be) multiple maps and therefore multiple types of terrain. These maps can be used to simulate multiple worlds or dimensions as well as multiple levels on the same world (see my "3-D" modpacks / scenarios for examples).

The unit sprites are now animated (which some people like and others hate) but the Unit animations can be switched off if desired.

The Units have more features added (such as "Cannot be bribed", "Invisible until Combat", etc.) the Graphics are more detailed (however they are too dark for many peoples taste (including mine) without adjusting your monitor or using one of the "Brighter" graphics modpacks that are around).

Other than that the basic "Original" game has not changed much although some claim that the AI appears to be a little smarter.

Ther are not as many scenarios for ToT as there are for FW or MGE, but there is a Scenario Converter around that will convert FW / MGE Scenarios to ToT.

Here are a couple of web-pages that may help :

http://civ.cx/ - Cradle of Civilization Web-Site.
    - dedicated to Test of Time Scenarios, and Modpacks - Lots of downloads. - *** Highly Recomended for ToT users ***

http://www.users.bigpond.com/kestrel18 - my Civ2-ToT web-site - with a number of my Test of Time Scenarios and Modpacks - Lots of downloads.

Cheers.

Comment

just forgot important options

now, units have their own attack sound !
      no more shared attack sound, that's probably the best new option for scenario makers

u also can have impassable terrain (for ground units), u can now choose wich tribe is "allow to build" for each unit and "is allow to search and/or is allow trade" for each technologies !

Comment

I see. Looks like ToT has some pretty smart upgrades to the whole game.
        Thanks for help (and yes the graphics are just a little bit too dark)!

Comment

Working...
        X