Problem with map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with map

When I start playing the map looks fine. However, when I load a saved game it looks all messed up. There are special resources everywhere, and some of the squares are wrong. However, the problem is only appearance, since the actual stuff in the square is correct (one food two trade in an ocean square with inaccurate whale).

This happens with the large and medium world map. I have not tried anything else (that is all I want to use). I have a P4 and am running Windowes ME.

Any thoughts on why this is happening?

I'm sure I used to see something fairly similar to what you're describing back when I first got Tot. I think it had something to do with the way the maps were scaled. Basically it seemed to use starting positions/resources/sprites etc from the wrong size map although I don't think I saw anything similar with savegames only. Almost sounds like you're seeing them from more than one different map at the same time ...

Q1: Patch installed?
    Q2: Terrain animated sprites turned off? - Sometimes this helps.
    Q3: Rotating globe turned off? - This seems to help in many cases
    Q4: Are you loading savegames fresh after starting Tot? - I think there may have been an issue (at one time or another) with loading savegames after quitting a previous games without exiting Tot

Failing that try http://civ.cx/

Sorry I couldn't be more help..

Comment

Q1: Patch installed?
      No, but I bought the game very recently from CompUSA. I don't remember when it was shipped but it has to have some patches, right?

Q2: Terrain animated sprites turned off? - Sometimes this helps.
      I don't think so; is this a graphic option or something?

Q3: Rotating globe turned off?
      Once I start it is. Initially it is always on.

Q4: Are you loading savegames fresh after starting Tot?
      I can't load a game at all without first quitting the came. I get an error message and a shut-down if I don't.

I think this is still a mystery. Too bad the games producers don't spend more time on these threads.

Comment

Working...
      X