Playstation Civ2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playstation Civ2?

I played Civ II on a playstation a few years ago. Enjoyed it, got bored of it, traded it for another game. I've since purchased CTP1&2 which I've been playing ever since (which kind of suck even in comparison to the playstation civ2).

My question is, now that CIV2 is out in the cheapie racks, should I go grab a copy? Should I also get this fantasy TOT thing? Having played the playstation version of CIV2 to its death, have I already outplyed Civ2? Anybody know just how much is missed in the Playstation version? (multi-player is a big one, but does anybody still play civ2 multiplayer?)

Re: Playstation Civ2?

I started playing CIV2 on the Playstation and then bought ToT as soon as I acquired a pc powerful enough to play it on.

Apart from the graphics and animation I didn't find any obvious differences in the original game.. but the AI seems to be a lot better . I don't know if this was due to limitations in the Playstation, or whether the ToT pc AI is better than the Civ II pc AI. In any case I haven't gone back to the Playstation version after playing ToT.
    Just because I'm paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get me.

Comment

need help with playstation version

Hello.
      I’m a novice civ player. Actually, I have only played the game on playstation. Although I’ve only played two full games I think I’m addicted. Anyway, for this third game I thought I’d try to conquer the world. There are a few things I don’t understand: when I switch to a democracy from a monarchy a lot of units are disbanded and a lot of cities are in disorder – even with a 3-4-3 allocation. Then, of course, the government collapses. What’s the best way to switch to democracy w/out losing too much, or having the government collapse?

Secondly, what are the best ways to get a high amount of production? Whenever I’ve played it seems like I’m usually last in production. Also, when cities reach about 21-24 how do I get them from depleting their food stores and starving?

If anyone knows of good websites for the civ ii playstation version please let me know.

Thanks for any help (I need it)!

Comment

Re: Playstation Civ2?

Originally posted by Pilfur
        (multi-player is a big one, but does anybody still play civ2 multiplayer?)
        go see Civ 2 MP section to see how many still play MP !!!
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
        X