Colonization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonization

Any retro players out there still play Colonization? I love that game and, just like civ 1, have never been able to put it down. The trading and conversion of goods is something I have not seen in any other civ-type game. The only glaring omission is slavery. They have prisoners and identured servants... why not slaves? And why haven't they made a sequel to this brilliant game?

Yes, I agree with you, Pilfur. Colonisation is a game of great richness and depth, which plays out very differently each time I play it. Although I spend far more time playing the Civ games, Colonisation will always have a permanent and honoured place on my hard drive.

Like you, I'm surprised it was never updated. I would guess it's because it was closely associated with the great Sid Meier, who, as we know, has been heavily involved with bigger projects in recent years.

Comment

Colonization is actually the game that introduced me to civ, followed closely by civ2.

Comment

I always wanted to get colonization so i can play it.....yet cannot ever find a copy :/ especially these days.... Electronic Boutique had it as use once....but didn't have the 7.99 right now and then, but i did few days later.....and it was gone!!!! nooooooooooooo!
        hate when that happens......three times this kind of thing happen to me at that EB store :P
        oh well, c'est la vie

-LordLMP

Comment

heh i use to have the game like 5 years ago and i lost it when i formatted my computer!!!!
          NOOOOOOOO THE INHUMANITY!

but then 3 months ago i downloaded it from some site i got at google.com !!!!!!

and it kicks ass!!!

i really missed that game!!!
          Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin

Comment

download? where? where? where?

-LordLMP

Comment

another sid game !!! wil have to go look for it
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

You can get a copy from the underdogs abandonware site...

Comment

DV, that's an amazing site! Hundreds of free games for downloading. How do they manage it?
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

DV, that's an amazing site! Hundreds of free games for downloading. How do they manage it?
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVeda
                      You can get a copy from the underdogs abandonware site...

http://www.theunderdogs.org/
                      mmmhhh...
                      it seems that I'm missing something... I can't download the game because of some "odd" Copyright or something similar...
                      Any hint?

[by the way the underdog's site is really cool, I found the old - but still "gold" - Pirates! game. If you like some pillaging ship boarding and blah blah blah, things like this, you should get a copy of it!!!l]
                      Almadyr IV

Comment

Working...
                      X