AI production not functioning properly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI production not functioning properly

I noticed that my AI's would finish their wonder production in impossibly short perods of time. I activated the cheat mode so that I could check it. The number of shields produced was correct but the wonder would be finished when the production was only half complete. The AI didn't purchase them, I checked that out. It isn't sour grapes as I still win. I just don't get it. Either I'm reading it wrong or something is goofed. Hasbro is no help, of course. Hope you can help me. Tks.

The AI has different requirements for building than human players. One of them is the shield requirement needed for Wonders. It is lower than the human requirement, but I'm not sure of how much lower. Check the Great Library link in the Civ2 General Help forums or post the same question in that forum. There is much more trafic there and ToT is the same as Civ2 with better graphics and a harder AI.

edit: Bad info on the Great Library. It is in Civ2 Strategy.

Here's a link.

Last edited by MBloomIII; May 25, 2001, 14:43.
    Here's a link.

Comment

I think somebody theorized that when several AI cities are listed as building the same wonder, they are actually contributing their shields to the city that started it. Sort of like using caravans, without the caravans...

I don't know if anyone ever got around to proving or disproving it.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
      X