The Struggle For Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Struggle For Europe

Easily the largest WWII scenario out there... does anyone have any good strategies for any civ at any given point?

Sure, overrunning Europe as the Axis is fun... but has anyone managed to turn the tide of the War against them as the French, or even the Yugoslavians? That's the real challenge.
    The strategically impaired,
    -Cal

No one has one strategy for any nation at any starting point?

Completely understandable... I sure can't work out anything. Though it's fun to play a "doomed" civ (like the french) and really mess up the AI by delaying the invasion process a few months.

------------------
    -Cal
    -Cal

Comment

This is copied from my post at the scenario league forum. I think the basic idea works for French as well. As for Yugoslavia, it has too many fronts so it will be difficult to play.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally got a chance to test the Soviet in July 41. First turn lost 112 units. To make things worse, none of the survived planes could move so they were doomed.
      Checked the rules.txt. Only way to stop the Nazi is to build a lot of bombers (130 shields per unit, considered cheap in this scn) and vet AA guns (120 shields per unit). Rotate bombers on AA guns or fortifications to form a line in front of your key cities (Moscow, Leningrad, Stalingrad). On sea squares build some cruisers and put bombers on them. Only enemy fighters can attack you and they are too weak for your AA guns.

Then build some 105mm guns (100 shields per unit, good attack factor but slow) and cavalries (80 shields per unit, moderate attack factor and fast). Put them under the bomber-AA combo to do counter-attack. Also build some Il-16s (100 shields per unit) to attack bombers if they stop close to your stacks. Slowly move the stacks towards enemy. This is a cheap strategy and you can set research to 0% and rely on these units to attack.

I haven't tried it but it seems to be the only way to win. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X