No announcement yet.

Siberian Union II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabble? Hardly. I've been doing a lot of research on the Siberian military in the past few months, and I know Siberia has a helluvalot of crack troops. The USSR, and for a while Russia as well, was as afraid of China as they were of the US, and they made sure the troops guarding the border were trained well. Not to mention the far eastern military, which was also well-trained in case of an attack from the Pacific. No rabble here. On the other hand, from the looks of the Chechnyan campaign, there may be some rabble on the other side....

Edit: I have twenty-four divisions fighting as well, Scott.
    [This message has been edited by JT3 (edited October 27, 2000).]
    "When you tell people where to go, but not where to get there, you'll be amazed at the results."
    - General George S. Patton

Comment

And where is the money for training coming from? Don´t tell me the oil, because Siberia isn´t self sufficent on food. The Siberian Forces haven´t been put to the test... the European Forces have, but Russia´s entire Military system is in ruins no matter where. The AirForce is the only redeemible part left...
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

OOC: Oh.... my...... God......

I'm not even going to answer that question, it's so sad....
        "When you tell people where to go, but not where to get there, you'll be amazed at the results."
        - General George S. Patton

Comment

ooc: Please I am desperate to know (oh great I am getting obnoxious), where are you getting the money to run equpiment? The Black Market?
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

ooc: I am sorry, contiune on with your IC posting, no more OOC posting to begin with in IC threads, right Polaris?
            [This message has been edited by Giancarlo (edited October 27, 2000).]

Comment

OOC:
              Eastern and northern Kazakstan are mostly deserts, which last I checked were not well suited towards growing food.

Generally, a corps has four to six divisions, and a field army has two corps, so you are going up against at least sixteen crack Russian divisions with, well, rabble. That is being generous. Most Russian corps are large, six divisions, which means that you are facing twenty-four crack divisions.

Now, the production and foodstuff things are important for several reasons. First, Russian tactics are primarily based on mass attacks by forces with superior numbers and a lot of munitions. Since ANY officers that you have will only be trained in this doctrine, you cannot escape the fact that you can either go against doctrine and have your army fall apart because it is doing something it was not trained for, or you can go with the existing tactics, which then imply that you will have to gain, or at least try to gain superior numbers and supplies, a matter which is, of course, impossible. Second, you basically can't win. Midshipman merely has to bleed you white, and given your population, production capacities, and food stockpiles, that won't take very long at all. With most of the world against you, you will be hard pressed to survive more than a year.

Comment

Though I'm not playing anymore, I'm still going to say:

Go JT3, Go! Take as many of them with you as you can! Do you have a nuclear force? Well, use it!

Comment

It was a threat, not that I was actually sending it.

OOC> Folks my time is short. My post quality is down...

Comment

HAD a helluva lot of crack troops. The Russian Army has not been well trained in over five years. The Siberian forces are no exception. The difference between your forces and those of Midshipman is that he has a much greater population, along with the industrial capacity to outproduce you at least tenfold, probably far more.

quote:

Two Armored, three Mechanized, and five Motorized Divisions

You seem to have miscounted. Only ten divisions, unless you are being deliberately vague about your troop movements and deployments or I missed something. The Russians could easily fight out of such a weak encirclement without external help. With a few divisions pushing westward, it would be easy to break out, if not encircle the Siberian forces.

Comment

Not to mention western troops have better over all numbers, and better fighting aircraft. They have 60% of the Aircraft (MiGs, SUs, etc) which are kept as the last good part of the military.

Comment

Working...
                      X