No announcement yet.

Italian Republic News I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOC: Okay! The AirForce needs more than 1 fighter, and I had some different ideas about the Ariete. The 1st one is basically a piece of junk in firepower.. but is relatively good in its armor. So I made some optimal changes, so this should be called Ariete B instead of the 2nd one. And the Fighter I am building is to support the Eurofighter. Our Airforce hasn´t been updated in a while because of the upcoming Eurofighter, which surpasses any Soviet AirCraft. Where do you get the money from though to run everything? I am curious.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

:IC:
      Okay we understand that you don´t want any aide from us, but there is mass famine in your nation so could we send some food aide? And as a leader I will encourage Italian Businesses to do business in Abyssinia to raise the economy. But as a government, we support your need to create education, a viable economy and strong need for government.
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

There is no "mass famine" in Abyssinia, that was over a decade ago, yes some people in my nation do go hungry, but under my leadership hunger in Abyssinia will be a thing of the past.
        My nation has fertile lands and great agricultural potential. If you truly want to give aid, then Italy shall send farm equipment and instructors in the use of such machines to help us develop our large tracts of unexploited land. In return, you would gain a valuable trading partner if you choose to set up buisnesses in my nation.

Comment

The Italian Private sector has sent nearly $2.5 Billion dollars in Farming equpiment to Abyssisina. This will help restore the Agiculture economy and improve living conditions. Italian Agicultural Farmers will also go to your country to help your people with the equpiment.

Comment

As President of Abyssinia id like to personally thank the Italian people for their generous gift, a gift that will keep on giving as my nation becomes self-sufficent with the help of the farming equipment given to us.

Comment

Maurtania and Italy Signs Bilaterial Defense Treaty
              The Italian Government has signed a bilaterial defense treaty with Maurtania tell help support their government against further Guerilla violence from the Western Sahara. This will give the Maurtanian Military assistance in repairing equpiment. This also means that Italy will send 65 Personnel to Maurtania to assist with security. This Defense treaty came on as more and more Italians were starting to invest in all of Africa especially Maurtania and Abyssinia.
              [This message has been edited by Giancarlo (edited October 27, 2000).]

Comment

OOC: That last news post void. You never asked me if Maurtania could sign an alliance with you.
                Please Visit:
                http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

OOC - Alright....as a MODERATOR...I feel that I must take the piss out of Gian's military projects.

1. No Modern MBT that I know of has 135mm main gun. That would require a radical redesign of the ENTIRE tank, as well as vastly upgraded electronics and components. In short...that's not going to happen in 11 months, or for 6 Billion USD.

2. How is this Armour better? IIRC, the Ariete uses Second-Generation Chobham, and hell, nobody knows what's in that thing other than ceramics and a bunch of composites. You'll have to be a bit more specific than, "uhhh....its better."

3. Now...how is a 135mm projectile going to be lighter than a 120mm? With the current ordinance that I'm aware of; it's not going to be...BTW, is there even ordinace for 135mm? That would require new projectile designs and a new main gun design...once again: not going to happen in 11 months or for 6 Billion USD.

4. AKAIK, Italy doesn't have the capacity to build 350 tanks of one type per year...they may after the years it takes you to research and build the thing, but not at the present moment.

5. The Eurofighter is what people call a MULTI-ROLE aircraft. It can switch from Air-to-Air to Air-to-Ground with the replacement of a single component. There's no need to even have one.

6. But at the same time...I don't care. Just make the build times more realistic for the extremem changes you plan on making.
                  Administrator at
                  www.quantum9.com
                  Visit the forums!
                  www.quantum9.com/forums

Comment

OOC: The military buff strikes. Thanks MoH.
                    Please Visit:
                    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

OOC: No, the Ariete uses reactive armor. They don't have chobham.
                      "When you tell people where to go, but not where to get there, you'll be amazed at the results."
                      - General George S. Patton

Comment

OOC: But the Ariete is one of the better Tanks (along with the German, British and French Designs) in Western Europe. But I also have the Leopard.

(oh, and this thread is closed, if you have OOC comments PM me or place them in the commentary)
                        [This message has been edited by Giancarlo (edited October 29, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                        X