X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polaris' Guide to Geopolitics

Posted due to suggestions by Baron.

Alright, let me give you all some things here:

MILITARIES[*]Each division is divided into 20,000 men.[*]In that division there are 4 regiments of 5,000 men each.[*]In each regiment there are 5 companies of 1,000 men each.[*]In each company there are 4 platoons of 250 men each.

Now, in organizing your armed forces, you only really need to post divisions, but I post regiments to be fun.

BUT

Each division is in a Corps. The Corps are numbered with roman numerals (see me if you do not know a number):

I CORPS
    II CORPS
    III CORPS

etc.

It depends on you to decide how many divisions are in a corps, but it must be at least three unless your army is tiny.

Each corps is in an army. Usually it is 2 or 3 corps per army, depending on the size of the nation's military.

If the military is huge (upon a million men or something) each army should be in an army group. Each army group is about 2 or 3 armies. This is optional.

HOWEVER, you CAN make your own stats, but nothing with divisions less than 15,000 (unless your army is tiny) and any new organization method you make must divide into DIVISION - REGIMENT - COMPANY - PLATOON.

[b]Fanciness:[b]
    If you want to be fancy, look at the USEFUL LINKS thread, and go to "Flags of the World" and post some military icons in your military post in Armed Forces of the World.
    IMAGE CODING:
    Post this inside the post where you want the image:

[ img ] URL [ / img ]

See me if you need more help on that (and by the way, do not put spaces in like I did).

Those who do not post militaries like this will be considered to have no military.

I will think about it as to if I want to write some people's military up for them.

Simple notes:
    BTW = by the way
    IC = in character
    OOC = out of character

NEWS POSTING[*]News posting is MANDATORY... it is required, in other words.[*]Post at least one or two newsposts a day (yes, I have not, but I am moderator who needs to post events and what not).[*]Headlines can be the following:
    1. TEXT

TEXT

TEXT

1. [ b ] TEXT [ / b ]
    2. < h4 > TEXT < / h4 >
    3. < h3 > TEXT < / h3 >

When you post news, consider the following:[*]Post who, what, when, where, why, how as best as possible![*]Post details![*]Post related information!

All that should give you large news posts if you are a nice writer. I urge you all to do this.

Usually, veterans do this:

HEADLINE
    LOS ANGELES -

The put the name of the city the news post originated in (NOT the city of where the event happened, necessarily, but always a city INSIDE your nation). Thats more fanciness that I recommend.

REALISM
    Realism in here is more like Third War than Destiny of the World. When we say that, we mean that TW was a little less real (alright, a lot... I suppose) while DotW is strict realism. We like to be flexible to provide interesting conflict in the forum. Therefore, this forum is still very real yet still very unreal.

Some examples:[*]Military dictatorship in Nigeria conquering west Africa.[*]Denmark revolting.[*]Siberia revolting.

Now, you can make military dictatorships, etc. but do it carefully and realistically at least!

BATTLE POSTING
    *SIGH* All of you will be new to efficient battle posting. See SpitFire and Midshipman on their war, in the thread Siberian Union II. They have some good stuff going on there.

When you newbies go into war, see me. I will make sure you do somewhat well. So will other veterans.

I hope to turn you ALL into geopolitical machines!
    Post well, post long, post frequently, and lets get going!
    Please Visit:
    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

I assure you that I can lead my forces into battle so don´t consider me a newbie, I been at these forums for nearly a year and half.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Thanks for the Military Advice, I have everything set up right now, hopefully...
      For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Working...
      X