No announcement yet.

mystery pollution without smokestacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mystery pollution without smokestacks?

Hi there!
    I've been playing Civilization I (version 5) for ...err... decades now, and just stumbled upon something I hadn't experienced before. I was experimenting a bit, trying to see how high I could push my score (300+ now). I've conquered almost the whole planet, just left one enemy city alive (but surrounded) so that I could continue. I have now covered pretty much every spot (where it makes sense) on the map with a city. In total 85 cities, close to 160 million people. A very boring game now, as there's only a few cities that are not yet fully developed, and the only thing I am really doing is research the next future technology every turn. As I say, I was experimenting ;-)

But here's what's happening since around 1950: approximately 5 patches of pollution pop up every turn. Sometimes 3, sometimes 6, in different areas, although some cities seem to be hit more than others. I always clean them up with my settlers of course, but I don't understand where the pollution comes from. None of my cities has a single smokestack (Mass Transit and Recycling Centers were built if necessary).

Is there any "whole civilization pollution" if you cross a certain population number or if you build too many cities?
    Any other ideas?

Cheers
    Torsten

I will try it to play.

Comment

Working...
    X