Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VIKING SCRIBE #4: My Aggressive Intelligence Service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIKING SCRIBE #4: My Aggressive Intelligence Service.

My Aggressive Intelligence Service.

Original Author: Timothy Hain

I was the Sioux, playing on a randomly generated world, and those Fundamentalistic Russians were getting on my nerves. I was at peace with them--in theory. They were always walking through my land--and staying there. Every time I met with them, they wanted some more advances, but I did not always want to share them. I needed to prove to the Russians that I was independant, and capable of as much power as I wanted.

I decided that to prove how powerful I could be, I would begin a gigantic military build-up. Armour, Howitzers, Stealth bombers, Battleships, if you can name it, I built 'em. Who was to be my victim? Not the Russians! They outnumbered my army 3 to 1. I decided to pick on the Greeks.

The Greeks were a very small civilization. They had only 20 primitive units compared to my superior 50-60.

Athens had a population of only about 360,000. I'd soon fix that! With no airports, I was forced to use rails to get my units to their places. My senate gave the go ahead, and soon the blood began to fall.

A Stealth fighter easily knocked out the Greek Rifleman defences, but I did not want their pathetic city. (I believe that all cities should have SDI defence following the building of the Manhatten Project.) My plan--wipe them out with a little poison in their water. A spy easily took care of that, but before I could completely destroy their precious home, the Russians pounced on the undefended capital.

With my large army, I could either take their cities by force, or have them die nice and humanely with poison. Espionage was my best friend as I managed to take almost all of their cities down to a one, then destroy them with an armour or howitzer. The few other cities that were not destroyed were taken by the Russians or the Spanish.

The Greeks were destroyed within 3 turns of the beginning of my campaign. Though the Russians benefitted through my spies, I was the big winner. I am now in alliance with my neighbours, and for the most part, they stay out of my hair.

Last edited by Martin Gühmann; March 12, 2011, 17:37.
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"
Working...
X