what the **** is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what the **** is this?

Ok, just noticed the hideous new apolyton look.
    Any way to change it?

Moreover gfx attachements don't show up.
    "Wit is educated insolence".
    -Aristotle.

I hope also that all missing gfx will be available again soon.
    Is it possible to change the background into a white colour with black text?
    American War of Independence
    A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

Not yet, apparently someone decided white backgrounds and black text was "dull".

Comment

It's the work of professionals. That's why they've been digging in their heels for the last few days.
        Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

The new depressive Emo-Goth style of Apolyton is absolute ****!
          Please put Asher on your ignore list.
          Please do not quote Asher.
          He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

I have just posted this on the main "we don't like the new 'Poly" thread. I think it sums up my views:

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
            I have got used to this theme now (using no background and wide columns). I can read the test fine. It does strain my eyes after a while, but so does black on white after staring at it long enough. I have been giving it some thought and I have to agree with the poster (techumseh?) who said it was uninviting/foreboding. This may sound daft but I feel like I'm reading something evil in a dark cave. Closey's blue face Avatar just adds to the spooky element. The site and theme do look very professionally made and the first time I saw it I was impressed with how up to date it looked, but now I have visited here for several days I have to say that I honestly don't like the way it looks AND feels. I'm not just copying the general anti theme, this is the vibe I get from the site. When I visist sites with lighter backgrounds it just feels less oppressive. If I like to one and flip between them it really highlights how unfriendly an environment this is ATM. Sorry! Just wanted to pinpoint what it was that I don't like.
            I didn't want to make any knee jerk judgements, in fact I thought I would like the new style after I got used to it, but now I have taken a while to get used to it I have decided its not right. It sounds like there are alternative themes on the way though so hopefully we can move on soon!
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
            SL INFORMATION THREAD
            CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

"I disagree that this is a bad design. It's a very good design, it's unique, it's a clear brand. It seperates us from other forums. On first visit it gives an epic feeling, especially with the background image. You can tell it's been made by a professional."

I couldn't stop laughing when i read this one.
              "Wit is educated insolence".
              -Aristotle.

Comment

I think it does look professional, but that does not necessarily make it user friendly. The Apolyton team have a lot on their plate trying to keep everyone happy. Change is often unpopular but I like the way they take the time to listen to their members opinions and are discussing ways to come to a compromise everyone can live with. I for one am desperate for them to succeed and drive Apolyton forward but they need to be careful not to alienate the core members who are the reason for Apolyton's continued existence.
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                SL INFORMATION THREAD
                CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

"What is this new devilry?"

A squinted vision of Notre-Dame and a new EYEsore textual view...
                  I take a few weeks off to work, and this is what happens!

I really hope there is a classic view somewhere we can use...

(gag!)
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X