X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Kings.

Whatever happened to this scenario?

This link turns not much useful up.

No idea. Do you know anything about it? I'm sure it could be resuced if the plot was strong enough.

Comment

It was supposed to be a scenario about the early mediterranean kingdoms/tribes.

Comment

Sounds interesting.

I'm willing to help out in my small way (see other threads) if anyone wants to finish this.

Comment

I also could offer some building-units. I already have a temple completed (see McMonkeys greek epic thread for it)

Comment

Hi I'm still putting the finishing touches on the scenario. My wife and I have been trying to buy a house for the last few months, which is basically like a giant black hole that all my free time plunges down forever. But, the damn thing is so close to being finished that you're all sure to see it before too long. Mainly I'm scratching up miscellaneous art, and writing pedia descriptions at this point. I also split the events files so that the Egyptians and Hittites will enjoy unique events, but that there will be generic events for the bronze clad Mycenaeans, as well as the kingdoms of Amurru and Arzawa. I also still have to make sound effects, but as I myself generally play sounds-off I'm debating whether or not to spend too much time on them. What do you all think?
            Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
            Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Sound is nice, but I suggest playtesting first and releasing the sounds with a finished product. Putting together some decent sound effects can last a looooooong time. Trust me.

Comment

Ah, personally I have played Civ for years with sound disabled.
                I am sure this is a horrible decision, and I believe I'm in a minority here.
                This is because back when I played all the scenarios on civfanatics I left the sound files out because of download time.

Comment

Originally posted by gvari7 View Post
                  I believe I'm in a minority here.

You probably are . . . . . but welcome to the Silence is Golden Club.

I also have never had the sound on when playing because I find the bangs, crashes, screams, splashes, vroooms, drums, bugles, etc., etc. a most unwelcome intrusion.
                  Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                  Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I can testify to the amount of time house buying takes as I am in that process too right now. Endless calls to banks, estate agents, surveyors, solicitors plus all the planning and packing. Nightmare, but hopefully the end result will be well worth it.

Looking forward to seeing the Sea Kings too. I personally like sounds no matter how repetitive they may be. Nothing like a good bang!
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD
                    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA View Post
                      You probably are . . . . . but welcome to the Silence is Golden Club.

I also have never had the sound on when playing because I find the bangs, crashes, screams, splashes, vroooms, drums, bugles, etc., etc. a most unwelcome intrusion.
                      As you do realistic graphics of any kind.
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The three buildings in the rightmost row are ancient greek:

Last edited by Varwnos; July 30, 2010, 20:50.

Comment

It's been a whole 21 days? Progress?

Comment

Working...
                          X