Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization free!

Hello everyone.
    Do not know how it will last, but who likes the world civilization is the ability to download to your roots ... although in Spanish.
    The address is:

Saludos,
    Petit

What?

Comment

Your link is broken, I suspect it was illegal anyway.

Comment

Not sure if it is a legit link either - Best to avoid!
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hello.
          Yes gvari7 my english is very bad.
          The good thing is short.Yes duke o' york, the URL is broken and indications are that it was illegal.
          When I see the address posted on a forum Apolyton thought that after many years of civilization older games (like Civilization II TOT) had become abandonaware (as in fact you can get the MGE)... but it appears that this civilization has not yet enough money...
          Conclusion: ancient civilization is still not free.
          Saludos,
          Petit

Comment

Thanks anyway Petit. There is a link to a site in the Scenario League Information Thread where you can download MGE. I'm not telling anyone to download it as I have no idea about its legality and the potential risk of viruses. However I downloaded it myself a few years back and use it as it has the No-CD patch built in and I can't get that anywhere else. I have also purchased several copies of Vanilla Civ, Fantastic Worlds, MGE and ToT over the years so I'm not really getting anything that I haven't already paid for. Also I'm willing to take the risk that Microprose, or whoever owns the rights to Civ2 nowadays, won't be getting their lawyers onto me for downloading a game they managed to lose the source code for. If it don't make money for them anymore they're not interested. The hard drive with the source code on it should have been wrapped in satin and kept in an airtight glass cabinet so later generations of pilgrims could wonder at its beauty. And no, I haven't been drinking
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
            SL INFORMATION THREAD
            CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

News.
              It's now legal.
              It seems to be lowered again to allow contributions...
              For how long?

Saludos,
              Petit

Comment

Ah! thanks for Raganok!

Comment

I was not commenting on your english, I was commenting on the broken link.

Comment

Working...
                  X