Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seputus Navis - Creation Thread

Seputus Navis - Sunken Ship

A great warship called the Astrum Textor - Star Weaver - got trapped in the gravitational pull of a planet named by humans Reddo Terra - Imitate Earth. It was called so because of the topographic and climatic similarities to Earth. The ship plummeted to the ground. As it fell, it separated into several large parts and many escape pods (goody huts), most of which landed safely...

That's the beginning of the introduction to the scenario, just to give everyone the basic idea of this scenario. I am new to the SLeague and scenario-creating, so I may need help with graphics, mostly, and other things. Feel free to post any ideas that you come up with for the scenario.

I will be making this in MGE for now, but I will soon get a copy of ToT. I don't mind making it in both, if anyone prefers MGE.
    Ravlon's Facebook fan page

I would also be happy to let other people work on different aspects of the game (i.e. graphics, sounds, etc...) while I work on the structural parts of the game (rules, events, etc...).

Here are the graphics so far. Ravlon's signature symbol is the symbol I will use to identify my graphics. The changes in the icon file is self-explanatory, as is the terrain2 file. The only thing changed in the terrain1 file is the goody hut, which will be renamed "escape pod." In the units file, I changed the art of the settlers, but they are still settlers. The human will be renamed "scanner" and the machine will be renamed "incubator." The scanner scans the land and settles in a good spot while the incubator does the same, but for the aliens.
    Attached Files

Comment

Bit of advice: be careful with the goody huts. If nothing else, I'd suggest you give most/all players invention, or they will be able to reap a huge technological lead from exploration.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
        Bit of advice: be careful with the goody huts. If nothing else, I'd suggest you give most/all players invention, or they will be able to reap a huge technological lead from exploration.
        Thanks! I didn't think of that!

Comment

Reading the Barbarian Paper guide may also be useful for getting the barbarians right from goody huts etc...
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
          SL INFORMATION THREAD
          CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Let me know if you'd like me to write the text.

I'll obviously need ideas of what your ideas for each civ is, the units, the techs, wonders, etc, but I'm happy to write the whole Civopedia and check any in-game messages to announce events ot what have you.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
              Let me know if you'd like me to write the text.

I'll obviously need ideas of what your ideas for each civ is, the units, the techs, wonders, etc, but I'm happy to write the whole Civopedia and check any in-game messages to announce events ot what have you.
              I am busy writing a txt file for the units, so that I can just copy and paste into rules.txt. It will include everything except the graphics, of course, and the obsolesces/prerequisites, which will all say "nil" or "no". It will include a short description of each unit, just to give everyone an idea of what the unit is like. I will also write similar things for the other aspects. Whenever I post them, feel free to write the Civilopedia and to request changes.

By the way, I now have and I am using
              Last edited by Ravlon the Magnificent; July 25, 2010, 19:09.

Comment

Sorry, I have no idea what the common tongue of Rivendell is, but if you'd like me to check the spelling of the text you have already written that I'm happy to do that too. I did this for Cyrion's scenarios, and would like to put my skills (which are only in language, not in graphics ) to use for any scenario creators.

I am more than proficient in English, French and American/Canadian/Australian/Nozzer if any of these suits you.

Comment

...I am more than proficient in English, French and American/Canadian/Australian/Nozzer if any of these suits you.
                  What does this mean?

Comment

I did this for Cyrion's scenarios, and would like to put my skills (which are only in language, not in graphics ) to use for any scenario creators.
                    And a fine job you did, especially on Discworld with its full Civilopedia!
                    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Originally posted by Ravlon the Magnificent View Post
                      What does this mean?
                      I can write English and French, and have no trouble with omitting the u in colour if that's where you're from.

Comment

I can write English and French, and have no trouble with omitting the u in colour if that's where you're from.
                        I have no problem with or without the "u," even though I'm American.

Comment

I have worked on the human unit list, and I got the names, the descriptions, and a few stats. They start the whole unit list, and the aliens come after. The top few I have edited the attack and defense stats. If this seems to have taken some time, I easily get distracted by things. I'll continue working on the stats and I will post an updated human unit list with the stats completed. Hope it is enough to at least start the Civilopedia.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X