Master Of Magic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Of Magic.

I´m looking for this scenario. Came with Fantastic Worlds.
    I never had Fantastic Worlds, and I've always wanted to play this one.
    The other ones as well I guess, but this one particularly.

I guess they are copyright protected? Which would explain why they aren't online anywhere.

If anyone has any info please tell, or even send me an email at gvari7-@-gmail-.-com
    (Remove -'s).

Found it. Not impressed.

Comment

SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Yeah, it really bears little resemblance to the original game, in addition to being very glitchy (IIRC, Tauron doesn't start out with the ability to learn Chaos magic, and Cathedrals don't work for anyone without Sorcery because they were sloppy with the MT tech). TOT would do it better justice, by allowing the existence of Myrror and better tech restrictions.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

What it needs is to be remade in ToT!
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling View Post
            What it needs is to be remade in ToT!
            Does this mean you're volunteering? Please?

Whoever remakes it, I have a proposal. Take advantage of the fact you can limit what tribes know what technology so that you don't see "Ariel's wizards discover Death Mastery" and similar weirdness.

And I think we need more emphasis on what makes the different styles of magic different.

Comment

E.G., no zombies doing engineering work? It'd be hard to simulate all the differences; you could give railroads (and maybe spies) to Sorcery only, let Chaos have nukes, and give Nature the engineers, but the other two...there's nothing in Civ to simulate life-draining or healing, for example. I suppose Life did have an advantage in planar travel, which could be simulated with TOT.

The real improvement would be to implement the different races. Ariel gets High Men, for example, while Freya gets the Elves and so on. None of that "Tribes of X magic."
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                E.G., no zombies doing engineering work? It'd be hard to simulate all the differences; you could give railroads (and maybe spies) to Sorcery only, let Chaos have nukes, and give Nature the engineers, but the other two...there's nothing in Civ to simulate life-draining or healing, for example. I suppose Life did have an advantage in planar travel, which could be simulated with TOT.
                Right. And how the heck do zombies translate into engineers anyway? That never made sense to me. So Nature having engineers makes sense (if they become limited to only one faction).

I don't know if you'd necessarily need to simulate the differences exactly as they are in MoM, but have wonders tied to Life (or Sorcery or Death) was what I was thinking. So for instance Jafar can build the Eifel Tower (I'm not exactly sure how you would trigger it so that it doesn't work for anyone else, but I think careful use of ToT's triggers could do it).

The real improvement would be to implement the different races. Ariel gets High Men, for example, while Freya gets the Elves and so on. None of that "Tribes of X magic."
                Yeah. That might work if someone made a Civ Magic the Gathering or a Civ Lords of Magic, but it sounds weird otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                X