The Seven Doctors- Creation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Seven Doctors- Creation Thread

Here's a little teaser from my upcoming Doctor Who inspired scenario, "The Seven Doctors":

The Seven Doctors:

Synopsis:
    The 2nd Doctor & Jamie McCrimmon are sent by the Celestial Intervention Agency to British Columbia in the year 1912 to investigate a strange hole in time which has suddenly appeared.
    When the Doctor arrives, things quickly spiral out of control, and “The Agency” discovers that there is something much larger and more sinister at work, than a simple hole in time.
    The Agency therefore calls in the Doctor’s 1st, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 9th & 11th incarnations to assist....Doctor....Doctors.....We need you......

Plot:

Episode 01: Choir of Angels

The 2nd Doctor & Jamie land at Fort Rodd Hill in Victoria BC, and come face to face with “Angels” made of stone.....

Episode 02: The Sooke Incident

The 1st & 6th Doctor join a Royal Canadian Navy shore party to investigate reports of strange goings on, in and around Sooke Harbor, and discover to their horror that old enemies are fighting for both sides...

Episode 03: Ghosts of Empires Past

The 3rd & 9th Doctors, Captain Jack & the men of JTF-2 lead a raid against the Royal Canadian Torchwood Institution, and discover that old ideas and heroes die hard....

Episode 04: The North Star

The 7th Doctor, Ace, the 11th Doctor along with Father Octavian and a platoon from “The Church” investigate the North Star Inc. Space Station after contact is lost, and the 7th Doctor comes face to face with the past.....
    Please put Asher on your ignore list.
    Please do not quote Asher.
    He will go away if we ignore him.

Sounds interesting! How will the scenario be structured? Will you be creating separate scenarios to be played in order or will you try your hand at separate levels?

Comment

Though originally the 7 Doctors was going to 4 separate installments, I found that it would be more challenging/exciting for the player to be able to play across 4 periods of time simultaneously.
      The scenario itself will be entirely focused on combat/story telling, with special points of interest set up that only the Doctors can activate (thereby giving the player a reason to keep his incarnations alive).

Comment

An update:
        The project is proceeding along, though admittedly much slower than anticipated. The maps are mostly complete, though there might be some redesign for the future. The biggest problem I have encountered so far is when it comes to units (though there are some great units by CurtSibling)m the Doctor Who genre at large doesn’t have a large pool to draw from.
        Also, I figured I’d post one of the “villains” that will be starring in the upcoming adventures:

A “Tenth Planet” style Cyberman:

Preview:

Comment

Working...
        X