History of the Hellenes Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History of the Hellenes Series

I have been working on a series of multiplayer scenarios charting the history of the Hellenes. I was well pleased with the way 'A Soaring Spirit' turned out and decided to use the map, graphics, units and stats as the basis for:

1, The Trojan War
    2, A Soaring Spirit (Finished)
    3, The Persian Wars
    4, The Peloponnesian War
    5, The Theban Wars
    6, The Rise of Macedon
    7, The Conquests of Alexander
    8, The Diadochi

I decided that Aeterna Civitas II (the updated version I'm working on) covers the final period of classical Hellenic history and the Roman takeover.

The Trojan, Persian and Theban Wars as well as the Rise of Macedon will use the map from 'A Soaring Spirit' minus North Africa, Italy and Sicily. The Peloponnesian War will use the same map as 'A Soaring Spirit'. I plan to build a new huge map for the Conquests of Alexander and the Diadochi so I can do justice to the vastness of his conquests.

At the moment the scenario that is top of my list is the Rise of Macedon. I love the story of how Phillip II took a poor nation considered semi-barbarian by the Greeks and built a world beating army and laid the foundation for Alexander's conquests.

I already have the basis of the first six scenarios laid down. I can't guarantee they will be finished in record time but when I feel the urge to create I will add to them. I am still trying to finish Aeterna Civitas III ToT and Fortress Europe ToT as well as several multiplayer updates (Bonaparte IV, Rise of the Dictators update, the Balkan Wars, Aeterna Civitas II update, The Great War and the Fall of Rome). I don't seem to be able to work at the same pace as in years gone buy, but if I keep on chipping away I should be able to get some of these projects completed at least within the next decade
    Attached Files
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Sounds very interesting and grand

Here is a present from me:

Comment

It sounds grander than it is really. I am saving myself loads of time by using the same maps and lots of the same graphics etc... Also, as they are all for multiplayer I won't have to spend time compensating for the AI. I admire designers with the talent to get the AI balance right, but I'm way too impatient!

Love the temple. I can see a use for it as a unit in one of the games
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Look forward to try these maps out!

Comment

G-R-E-A-T !!!

Superb project

(and I like Philippos II me too) :-)
          "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Working...
          X