Questions regarding ToT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding ToT.

I have never been as much of a fan of ToT as regular Civ 2, so I doo not even have it installed, but I still realize these games are the same for most purposes.

I do not recall if in ToT there was the possibility of having different types of ocean. That is, if I want to have ships that can sail over deep water, and ships that are only usable in shallow water.

Also, what are the limits on the size of a map in ToT?

The maximum map size for ToT is just over 32,000 (I can't remember the precise number) as in other versions of Civ2. There is only one type of Ocean so you would probably need to make use of the Trireme flag to prevent units going out to sea. I don't think you can make use of the impassible terrain if there is only one type of Ocean terrain either.
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by gvari7 View Post
      I do not recall if in ToT there was the possibility of having different types of ocean. That is, if I want to have ships that can sail over deep water, and ships that are only usable in shallow water.
      In civ3 you have different types of "sea" terrains : Coast, sea and ocean.

Comment

It should be noted that ToT also supports multiple maps, but these can be problematic to set up...
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hm, yea I remember the different maps, but I think they are very impractical, in so many ways.

FreeCIV offers different kinds of ocean, but making scenarios on FreeCIV is way more work than on Civ2.

perhaps however if someone were to make/port a good scenario for FreeCIV the developers would be more likely to make some changes to make it easier?
          For one I am not sure how the folder thing works, if it is possible to make a scenario contained in just one folder...........

My plan was to port the Giga worldmap someone made for Civ2, then port one of those amazing scenarios that use it (Belle Epoque, First Strike,Imperialism, or some other.)

Just getting the map to work is a huge amount of work, requiring lots and lots of text editing the map file, just to start mapping....
          Then of course I have to talk to the maker of what scenario I pick, to see if he is alright with the whole thing.

My feeling with the developers is that mostly they see scenarios as just maps, bare and plain. If someone were to show them what is possible, they could maybe do something for this aspect of the game, but what do I know.
          Maybe when school is over I will find time, now I must study.

Comment

Working...
          X