Anyone thinking of moving to civ5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone thinking of moving to civ5?

Personally i am very seriously considering it. Up to now i had used Bryce 6 to make 3d gfx, but i will now learn Blender, which is a free and much more able 3d construction program. Moreover civ5 will almost definately be compatible with it.

I think that some of the people here have skills which could be used in civ5, even if they are only 2d. And learning hwo to use a 3d program really opens up new horizons; i could never dream of creating my gfx in 2d, where i am pretty much useless...

What's Civ 5?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

What's 3D?

Comment

@ Harry's remark.

Well, I've heard that Civ V is going to be all-multiplayer, so I think I'll pass...
        The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
        2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

No single player? Well that's just....
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Hm, i have never heard anywhere else that there wont be a single player. Really such a move would have been self-destructive, and i suspect you are wrong

Comment

No scenario events, no techumseh.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The lack of events was dreadfull in civ3, but they re-appeared in civ4, so they will most probably be in civ5 as well

Comment

I watched some screenies and thought about it. There must be SP-mode. Though I guess no civ-game can ever beat Civ2 ^^
                  "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                  It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Lol of course there will be a singleplayer mode. Don't listen to evil rumours.

I hope the event scripts will resemble that of EU 3 as it extremely powerful. They also state that there will be some kind of scenario editor which makes me think about Civ 2 scenarios. But I'll guess all this is speculations really we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

No.

I´ll play it at some point no doubt, but it will never replace Civ2, simply because it will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Varwnos View Post
                        The lack of events was dreadfull in civ3, but they re-appeared in civ4, so they will most probably be in civ5 as well
                        There weren't programmable events in Civ4.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I am not that familiar with civ4, but they had released the source code, so i trust peple makde pretty much anything they wanted (?)

Comment

I spent $13.60 buying Civilization IV and all of its expansions on Steam, and I have to say that it was not worth it. I spent about $50 buying Civilization III some years ago, and that was DEFINITELY not worth it. I am pretty sure that I will not ever even consider buying Civilization V if they keep things up.

Instead, I will get Test of Time. Civilization II was the best of all of them so far.

-LaMarseillaise

Comment

I like the hex maps in Civ5; not too keen on the 1 unit per tile rule (if true) - doesn't make much sense at the strategic level. Graphics creation doesn't interest me that much, so that won't be the determining factor. Right now it's too early to call.

Originally posted by techumseh View Post
                              There weren't programmable events in Civ4.
                              What's this then? It uses XML and Python. It's much more powerful than Civ2's macro language, but not as accessible.

Originally posted by LaMarseillaise View Post
                              I spent $13.60 buying Civilization IV and all of its expansions on Steam, and I have to say that it was not worth it. I spent about $50 buying Civilization III some years ago, and that was DEFINITELY not worth it.
                              I like Civ4. Right now, I prefer it to Civ2. I'm probably too familiar with Civ2. With no events scripting, Civ3 is a waste of time for any serious scenario design.
                              Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Working...
                              X