Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario league down?

Anyone know whats going on?

Also, I am looking for guides on how to make maps.

I intend to make a map of the Caribbean + Spanish Main + Some part of Europe.

Basically, where do I start?

Deciding on the size, basically. It's the only thing you can't change later.
    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

The second pic shows roughly what area I want to use.

I just need some graphic software to get a better sample.
      Attached Files

Comment

Just checked and the SL is down for me too. At work right now so I can't do much. Not that sure what I could do even if I was home. The SL Wiki is hosted by Apolyton, right?
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
        SL INFORMATION THREAD
        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

It has to be, dunno why else it would have Apolyton in it´s link.

I just hope Apolyton has not decided to drop it from their support or something.

Comment

I doubt very much that Robert Plomp would do something so drastic without telling us way in advance. I guess there must be some kind of problem. I will send Robert a message to ask if he knows of a cure, that is unless someone at the Scenario League knows what might be up.
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey
              I doubt very much that Robert Plomp would do something so drastic without telling us way in advance.
              I hope so too. There are literally tens of thousands of hours of work by members of the Civ community on those 2 sites. I did post a query about this on the Site Feedback and News forum http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31 , but it's been over 24 hours and no reply from Mr. Plomp.

In case the worst happens, it would be good to have an alternative way for the scenario community to communicate. I have lots of your email addresses, but far from all, and not all up to date. Please send me a message if you want to keep in touch should
              Apolyton fail. My email is *bri*son*@*shaw*.ca* (remove the asterisks).
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Time to jump ship maybe? CFC?
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

For the most part, CFC is a dead Civ2 community!
                  Please put Asher on your ignore list.
                  Please do not quote Asher.
                  He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

Let's hope this is all a mistake or something. if we do however feel the need to jump ship, there are alternatives..
                    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

How many have copies of the SL site files?

Comment

I started making backups of the pages themselves but didn't get everything. Between us we will have all the scenarios on our hard-drives so nothing will be lost apart from our time spent adding to the site.

That said, I'm sure this is just some technical glitch. Look at the time it has taken to fold the General Forum into the Scenario League, and that's almost completely deserted. I doubt Robert would alienate a sizeable chunk of Apolytons members by wiping out their wiki.

That said, it might be a good idea to compile an e-mail list in case of emergencies!
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Seems spanish Civ 2 site is down too, it was also hosted by Apolyton.
                          I last opened it on tuesday or something last week.
                          There has to be some simple explanation for this though.

Comment

I'm hopeful that it's just some technical readjustment they decided to make, leaving the hosted sites off-line for a few days. However, it would be so easy to just let people know what's happening in advance, or even just respond to their inquiries promptly.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

R. Plomp responded that the server crashed, it's now back up, but the legacy (?) is still down.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Working...
                              X