Scenario League site REALLY needs some work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario League site REALLY needs some work

Don't get me wrong, it's a good site. HOWEVER, the Resource section leaves much to be desired. Going through page after page in the various Graphic threads is a tedious affair, and it would be far easier if all this work was stored on the Sleague site.

Is there any possibility of this being sorted soon? I personally think it's rather important, considering the amount of people now discovering Civ2 and the current interest in retro-gaming amongst young people looking at classics for a new gaming experience.
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

Anyone can add stuff to the SL Site. Feel free to upload stuff. Just open a page in edit mode to see how the pages work, they are quite easy to work with.

Images need to be uploaded and then copy the uploaded name and put it into [[Image:Example.png/gif/bmp]].

Uploaded zips or rar files need to go into [[Media:Example.zip/rar]]

Editing pages seems a little tricky at first but is really just a case of copying a similar page and editing it to fit. I usually upload all the images and files and store the links on a notepad, then I copy a page as a template and add them.

Feel free to have a play around. If you make a mistake it is fairly easy to reverse, or one of us can assist.

I was adding quite a lot of content a while back but I ended up with too much work and too little time so I have slowed down. My aim was to get every decent scenario on the site as well as get the resources section in order. I will try and tidy it up a bit and make sure every section has some content to start it off.

I am really interested in trying to attract visitors to the Scenario League. The more people who play the wonderful scenarios the better. I recently set up a blog about Civ2, though I'm not sure if anyone has actually read it or if it is a worthwhile endeavour.

It would be really good to see the Apolyton home page updated. At the moment it looks really shoddy and outdated. I will write a new news story for the Civ2 page so that anyone browsing the site will see there is still activity in 2010.

What would be really good would be to have a proper modern Scenario League website that all the established members would be able to add contents to. The logistics of this might be prohibitive though. I for one have little spare time to devote to even more Civ2 projects. Perhaps we could just give the SL Site a bit of a facelift. I will see what can be done
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

I'm up for adding some stuff up.

Let me sort out all the relevant graphic files this weekend first and I'll get back to you -it's better if I organize everything into folders first on my comp before I set off to do anything.
      "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
      -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

Agreed. It will be much quicker and easier to organize what you want to add then upload the files in a large batch keeping a note of the uploaded files name (usually Example.png or Example.zip). Then all you need to do is add [[Image:]] or [[Media:]] and paste in the names from the notepad. I have to work at 12 but I have all my Civ2 stuff on a Memory Stick. If it is quiet I will organize some stuff to upload tonight or tomorrow morning.
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
        SL INFORMATION THREAD
        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Working...
        X