No announcement yet.

Getting .bat files to work on Vista...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting .bat files to work on Vista...

Can anyone help me?

Also, hello - it's been a while since I was last here (over a year in fact). Recently found a copy of Ultimate Civilization II in a thrift store and it brought back so many fond memories that I've decided to come and start work on a scenario, something I've always wanted to complete but never got around to.
    "bear yourselves as Huns of Attila"
    -Kaiser Willhem II

Hi Willhelm II, hows things?

I put the attached application (Choice.com) into the folder and that works fine for me on Vista (32bit). I know other people had problems (possibly with 64bit version). There was a thread that discussed it some time back. Might be worth searching through the past years threads.
    Attached Files
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Cool thanks McMonkey.

You're from Cardiff? I'm in Wales too, Aberystwyth to be precise
      -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

At the University?

I have been to North Wales a long time ago and have been around most of South and a bit of West Wales but I have never trekked up to Aberystwyth. Is it worth the drive? I have been working on some maps for work recently and I recall some kind of mini railway into the hills.

Good to hear you are back in the mood for Civ2
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
          At the University?

I have been to North Wales a long time ago and have been around most of South and a bit of West Wales but I have never trekked up to Aberystwyth. Is it worth the drive? I have been working on some maps for work recently and I recall some kind of mini railway into the hills.

Good to hear you are back in the mood for Civ2
          No, I'm a local born and bred here. I can't really comment as to whether it's worth visiting, but many students whom I know love it so much that they've taken to living here permanently.

Lots of pubs as you can imagine, being a student town and all.
          -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

At the University?
            ..have been working on some maps for work recently and I recall some kind of mini railway into the hills...
            Ffestiniog Railway? Went on it when I was a kid.

Welcome back Willhelm

Mercator has a solution to your problem here:

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Originally posted by fairline View Post
              Ffestiniog Railway? Went on it when I was a kid.

Welcome back Willhelm

Mercator has a solution to your problem here:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=188296
              I love the Ffestiniog Railway - Aberystwyth has it's own Narrow Gauge railway too, the Vale of Rheidol which goes to Devil's Bridge. I've been looking for an N gauge model of it for years but to no avail.
              -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

Originally posted by Willhelm II View Post
                No, I'm a local born and bred here. I can't really comment as to whether it's worth visiting, but many students whom I know love it so much that they've taken to living here permanently.

Lots of pubs as you can imagine, being a student town and all.
                For some reason I, thought you were Dutch though thinking about it I doubt any self respecting Dutchman would name himself after a German Kaiser!

I think the bit about there being lots of pubs has sold me on Aberystwyth I'm from Hastings originally, which is also on the coast and has a high pub to population ratio. I'll probably feel at home.

What's the scenario about (if your ready to reveal it yet) ?
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I think we have the optimum pub : population ratio in the East. Stamford has a meagre 18000 mainly p1ssed-up peeps frequenting 30 pubs!
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

For some reason I, thought you were Dutch though thinking about it I doubt any self respecting Dutchman would name himself after a German Kaiser!

I think the bit about there being lots of pubs has sold me on Aberystwyth I'm from Hastings originally, which is also on the coast and has a high pub to population ratio. I'll probably feel at home.

What's the scenario about (if your ready to reveal it yet) ?
                    If you're ever in the area don't hesitate to PM I recommend the Ship & Castle for real ales - good selection too.

Scenario wise... although it's been done to death, but I'd like to make a European WW2 scenario: I've been playing Columbia Games Eastfront/Westfront/Eurofront in the past six months and it gave me some ideas.

I think the use of Wonders as important strategic objectives has always been something missing in a lot of WW2 scenarios, and would like all wonders to serve real and objective purposes rather than just sitting there for eye candy.

For example: Baku would have Hoover Damn, renamed Baku Oilfields. The Capture of this would cause a serious production problem for the Soviets if this were to fall into German hands, and would serve as an important objective for the Axis Player.

Of course Hydro power stations would be removed from the scenario, making the Baku Oilfield even more important as an objective.

Question: How do Fundamentalist and Communist Governments treat each other in the Civ2 engine? Do they despise each other as much as Democracies and Fundamentalist governments?
                    -Kaiser Willhem II

Comment

Never one to blow my own trumpet, but...

Check out my 'Rise of the Dictators' scenario to see how I have used the wonders to help recreate historical situations. For example the Germans have three important wonders nearby in neighbouring 'Barbarian' nations:

Anschluss in Vienna
                      This is the great wall and allows the Germans to expand easier against the other barbarian nations.

Skoda Works in Pilsen
                      This is the Hoover Dam and was intended to give Germany an industrial boost, though due to a mistake on my part its effects are not that pronounced (IE the Germans already have equivilent improvements to Hydro Plants). I like your idea about putting it in the Caucasus oilfields.

Blitzkrieg Experience in Warsaw
                      This is Sun Tzu's and it gives the German army a distinct edge over their rivals and compensates for the fact that Germany is outnumbered and surrounded.

The idea was that the Allies and Russia might tolerate Germany uniting with Austria, it may even allow Czechoslovakia to fall, but it could not tolerate the Germans taking Poland, especially as there are no Barracks in the scenario!

This scenario is of course intended for multiplayer, but you may find some of the ideas useful.
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                      X