I just got a new PC.

Asus gaming rig

Windows 7 OS
    (64 bit)

6 GIGS RAM

500 GIG HD

Intel Core Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53 GHz 2.53 GHz

Graphics Nvidia GeForce GTX 260M

I tried the Microprose CIV II version, wont even install w/o error about file system.

I tried CIVII ToT and game installed and plays ok, but inexplicably CTD's, no rhyme or reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have tried different compatability modes, running as administrator, ect. nothing keeps it crash proof.

Thanks so much in advance all!

Grandpa Troll
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Have you tried installing while in Windows XP mode?

Also, the the latest Vista sucks thread in the SL forum

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle View Post
      Have you tried installing while in Windows XP mode?

Also, the the latest Vista sucks thread in the SL forum
      Yeah, I would have to pay to upgrade to WIN7 Professional to install it.

Comment

Happy New Year Bruce (and all Civers),

You may decide to upgrade your Win7. There may other good reasons to further enrich the Empire...I just don't know about that.

However, I have been thinking for a long time now that the problem of loading Civ2 will only get worse as time goes by. Mac users found this out previously. The new OS offerings are too advanced for the "ancient" Civ2 code. I think it is a 16-bit program.

A solution is to buy a refurbished computer to keep for games. If you never, NEVER, go online it won't need much besides the OS and your games; so it won't be bogged down with memory demands or viruses. Hope this helps.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk View Post
          Happy New Year Bruce (and all Civers),

You may decide to upgrade your Win7. There may other good reasons to further enrich the Empire...I just don't know about that.

However, I have been thinking for a long time now that the problem of loading Civ2 will only get worse as time goes by. Mac users found this out previously. The new OS offerings are too advanced for the "ancient" Civ2 code. I think it is a 16-bit program.

A solution is to buy a refurbished computer to keep for games. If you never, NEVER, go online it won't need much besides the OS and your games; so it won't be bogged down with memory demands or viruses. Hope this helps.

Monk

Yes sir, this is what I am considering, an older refurbished system just for CIV 2 and CTP as I am awaiting this to be outdated.

Thanks and good talking to you again Bloody Monk

Comment

WOOO-HOOTT!!!

I bought for about $ 80.00 an upgrade from Windows Seven Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional, then downloaded the Virtual Desktp & XP setup...works llike a champ!!!!!

Thanks all..this is sweet!!!!!

Gramps!

Comment

Working...
            X