Stackable terrain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stackable terrain?

Hello. I´m doing a scenario (mostly fore my own amusement) and i´m trying to remove all kinds of pillaging from the game, but I can´t get rid of it. I don´t want the AI removing my very well placed forts (and what not) so terrain is "stackable".

I would relay appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.
    "You should count all humans as your kinfolk and the whole world as your foster country."
    - Queen Kristina

It is possible to prevent a human player from pillaging certain improvements by altering the text files, but as far as I know this would have no effect on the AI as its actions are not governed by these files in the same was as a human player. That said, I can't really recall the AI pillaging much anyway, especially fortresses. Do you have an example of where the AI is doing this?
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
      It is possible to prevent a human player from pillaging certain improvements by altering the text files, but as far as I know this would have no effect on the AI as its actions are not governed by these files in the same was as a human player. That said, I can't really recall the AI pillaging much anyway, especially fortresses. Do you have an example of where the AI is doing this?
      I have created lines of defense at the "borders" of two civs and a "no mans land" between this, with large amounts of AI units (the great offensive). The terrain has invisible forts so the attacker (AI) can´t be totally slaughtered by (human) counter-attacks. But the AI seems to destroy the forts.

The idea of the scen is two human civs (Finland and Germany) taking on a much more powerful AI civ (Sovjet) in a "Winter War environment".
      "You should count all humans as your kinfolk and the whole world as your foster country."
      - Queen Kristina

Comment

What about using terrain instead of improvements? If you change the properties and icon of certain terrain types to the desired improvements (changing the defense factor to match forts, for example), and make the AI uninterested in improving it (and perhaps give no benefits, so the human player will not either), then I should think it would achieve the effect of not allowing pillaging. Of course, you would have to give up some terrain types and this would prevent the AI from making further improvements to their land (but not the human if you permit terraforming).

-LaMarseillaise

Comment

Originally posted by LaMarseillaise View Post
          What about using terrain instead of improvements? If you change the properties and icon of certain terrain types to the desired improvements (changing the defense factor to match forts, for example), and make the AI uninterested in improving it (and perhaps give no benefits, so the human player will not either), then I should think it would achieve the effect of not allowing pillaging. Of course, you would have to give up some terrain types and this would prevent the AI from making further improvements to their land (but not the human if you permit terraforming).

-LaMarseillaise
          Thanks for the good suggestion. That is actually part of my solution of having both fort as a stackable and as a defensible position. But what I need is the fort (the improvement) so if there are 10 units in one square only one gets destroyed at a time and not all ten at ones. So I need grassland, forest, hills and so on to all have forts (the improvement).

I´m including the scen if some one want to try. Play as Finland for 2 or 3 turns and you will see some "forts" gone. It is not ready and it is not really meant for a wide audience (only me and a friend). The big red circle things everywhere are "forts"/were I want stackable squares.
          Attached Files
          - Queen Kristina

Comment

Working...
          X