Civ 2 MGE not working on Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 2 MGE not working on Windows XP

I have Civ2 MGE and I just installed it for the first time on my wife's laptop. It is running Windows XP Home SP3. I last played MGE on my computer (Win XP Pro SP2 with no problems. However that computer is out of commission right now.). Install worked fine. I started a new game and when ever I go to the city window the message box pops up that I need to close the city window before continuing. I have clicked no where outside the window, and press no additional keys. If I click close and am fast enough I can change the production from phalanx to settler etc. But I am not fast enough to change the farming areas. If I click Close City Window I can continue playing the game fine until I have to view a city again. The window pops up about 1-2 seconds after I close it.

I downloaded the MGE 1.3 patch and installed it. I started a new game, but still having the same problem. Last night I uninstalled Civ2. Reinstalled it, installed 1.3 patch and then tried a new game. Still has the same issue.

One thing I have not been able to do is locate updated indeo drivers, but I do not think that is the problem.

If anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciated it.

I'm not too sure what is causing this problem. If you don't get any other replies then try asking here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11. The guys there are normally pretty good at technical help stuff! Good luck
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

I have a posted there too. But still no replies yet. I figured the more places I post, more people will see it, and maybe someone would have an answer. Thanks for the info though.

Comment

Have you installed the INDEO video drivers?

Available here:
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Just downloaded and installed the new indeo drivers. I was not able to find them till you gave me the link. Still does not fix the issue.

Comment

Have you tries uninstalling and reinstalling, but not applying the patch?
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Initially I installed the game and tried to play it without the patch.

Comment

Working...
              X