Civilopaedia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thx for the heads-up.
    I confess a certain pleasure derived from working first pencil & paper, then manually in the rules & event txts. ... 'specially when the events fire correctly! The in-game editor seems nice, esp. when I can easily review my events, but I don't fore-see abandoning my old ways quite yet ....

Comment

I remember how I felt a few years back when I first discovered the treasure trove of scenarios at CFC. I take it you have seen our own SL Site (see link in my signature). There are a load of MGE scenarios there and IMHO they are some of the best, like a filtered version of the CFC database.

Sticking to manually altering the tech tree text file is a must. It took me ages to figure out that part of the in game editor was screwed. If I recall correctly it kept shifting the text down a row so everything ended up out of place!

One other thing. I would recommend spending a few £/$ to get hold of a copy of Test of Time (ToT) from Amazon or E-Bay. If you don't already know its basically Civ2 MGE on steroids:

-More unit slots
      -More event space
      -More complex events language
      -Multiple maps
      -Features like non-passable terrain
      -Better graphics

Some of the best scenarios are designed for ToT so owning a copy is essential for any true Civ fan, even if you carry on designing for MGE which is probably a good idea for a first scenario attempt. You can always convert it to ToT later on.

Enjoy
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
      SL INFORMATION THREAD
      CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

>>Sticking to manually altering the tech tree text file is a must. It took me ages to figure out that part of the in game editor was screwed.

I spent hours redoing corrupted files due to that #*#*&$( ruined tech tree editor... I never realized I could just edit in the text file. ops:

Welcome, VENI. May you VIDI and VICI at apolyton.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
        X