Chung Kuo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chung Kuo

I recently found Goddi Diego's 'Chung Kuo' scenario and wanted to convert it into a multiplayer game and make use of some of Fairline's excellent Chinese MGE units. One problem though, the scenario is in Italian. I have tried to use a language converter but I can't work out what some of the units should be called. I think I can work it out eventually but if there is an Italian speaker out there who could assist me that would be mightily appreciated!
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

He used to post under the handle Prometeus, but it's been a long time. You could try a PM, but it's a long shot.

I thought Prom had a translated version somewhere.... EDIT: there appears to be an English version at civfan's dl section:

search for:
    Zhan Guo: Quest for TianXia
    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Ah, Prometeus aka Turno aka Gotti Diego. Thank you for the enlightenment

I had seen 'Zhan Guo: Quest for TianXia' before and I have already converted the graphics in preparation for making it a PBEM. The map is great! However Chung Kuo is a different scenario. It may be a later or earlier version of 'Zhan Guo' but it is definitely different. Now I know they are by the same author I will check for similarities that might give me clues as to names etc...

While I am giving these two scenarios a graphics makeover and converting for multiplayer I might as well have a bash at 'All Under Heaven' by Winterfritz and complete the Chinese set All three have really good maps which is a good basis.
      Attached Files
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Still unfinished, but maybe you can give it a look.
        Attached Files
        "The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win" - Zhuge Liang "Use the ordinary forces to engage battle, the extraordinary to win" - Sun Tzu

Comment

Cool! Doesn't look like it would take too much work to finish this map off. What project was it for?

I hope to convert all the scenarios I mentioned before into PBEM games with units by Fairline. Not sure when that will happen but it is definitely in my projects folder
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

It was - well actually, is - for my Zhanguo II - The Seven Heroes ToT version.

I'm looking forward for your Zhanguo conversion.

Both mountain and hills are two different kind of mountain terrain, so if you want change hills to mountain and then forest to hills.

BTW, Chung Kuo was based on the beta version of the board game Qin - The Warring States.
            Last edited by Turno71; September 6, 2009, 16:32.
            "The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win" - Zhuge Liang "Use the ordinary forces to engage battle, the extraordinary to win" - Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
            X