Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who cant get batch files i.e. multiple events to work (not a double posting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who cant get batch files i.e. multiple events to work (not a double posting)

Hi, i posted under this same topic name in the general civ2 forum about how the choice.com is the wrong file and you need choice.exe, so go there to read about it if you cant get the events to work, i didnt want to double post.

-Don

Thanks for the heads up I'm no expert but I guess it may depend on which operating system you are using (or some other factor) as I have been using CHOICE.com (File type: MS-DOS Application (.com)) on XP and now Vista. I recently tried to help a guy on the General Forum but CHOICE.com would not solve his batch file problems. Hopefully you have found a solution!
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

I take it this is Vista that is stopping CHOICE from working, not surprised!

I am not expert on Vista, but I reckon the security settings will be the culprit.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

CHOICE.com works OK with my copy of Vista but then again I disabled most of the security settings soon after I got my new PC as they were a bit OTT. Probably useful if you are a caveman and had never encountered a computer before but very tedious if you know a little and want to move files about.

That said, after the OTT security settings were disabled I have found Vista a very stable and user friendly operating system. It has never crashed and I have never had a virus (touch wood). I know I am probably in a minority here but I am going to stick up for poor old Vista. I'm not a techno wizz Linux user so I don't feel restricted by Vista. It has done everything I have needed it to do (bar run Combat Mission 2 & 3!) and is reliable. Sometimes I think people just like to bash Microsoft because they are a big evil multinational

As I said though, I'm probably in the minority with this view!
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
        SL INFORMATION THREAD
        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Working...
        X