For those who cant get batch files i.e. multiple events to work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who cant get batch files i.e. multiple events to work

Hello, Im not new to Civ2 been playing it since it came out in 96 i think, but i am new to this forum, i actualy signed up just for this post, i hope it will be helpful to at least a few people on here.

Ok basicly, the choice.COM file that is on here in other posts that you are supposed to load and put in the scenario folder to make the batch files work, is the wrong choice file.

You need Choice.EXE that is the one that works on the newer versions of windows, although im not sure about Vista, as i still play my civ on a 6 year old XP system.

The bad thing is that there is no single download of it at Microsoft.com, you have to load one of the updates that is a bunch of files, and then using a tool like 7-zip (a free program) or win-zip extract just the one file (choice.exe) and not all the rest, (unless of course you want the rest.)

If someone tells me how to do it (newbie to actualy posting on forums of any sort), i'll just post the file of choice.exe to here since i already loaded it, or i can figure out what update i loaded off of microsofts site, and explain how people can get extract just the choice.exe on their own, whichever is better and not agasint the rules of this forum.

Hello to all on here, and sorry for the rambling post,

-Don

Good first post NYCguy1

I can't see any problem with attaching the file here, but if I get told differently from higher up I will remove it

If you Post Reply then scroll down to the Additional Options section then click on manage attachments, click on Browse and find the file (preferably in a zipped folder or rar) and then press Upload. Once the file is Uploaded it should appear in a new Current Attachments box underneath. You can then Submit Reply and it will be available for all to download.

I hope this will resolve the problem Chris 62 was having trying to get Red Front to work. I will send him a PM.

Thanks NYCguy1
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Thanks McMonkey, I hope it will be of some use. I know when I tried to get the batch files to work, it drove me pretty crazy, when i found out about choice.com i thought my sanity (i.e. civ2 addiction) was finaly saved, so when that didnt work either i went looking for a 12 step program, but they all laughed at me on the phone when i called to see if they could help me, so back to google i went, and i eventualy half by luck found a site that told me about choice.exe

so here it is as a zip, i hope it works for those who can use it, all i do is put it in the folder of the scenario that isnt working, and it then works.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X