X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 Unlimited

Take a look at this thread at CFC guys:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=205794

Not sure how useful it would be for single player games, but for multiplayer games the increased unit limit would be a godsend! Has anyone tried this out yet?

EDIT: I don't think Elys managed to overcome the 255 cities cap. Thought I would add that before anyone got too excited!
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Wasn't this unstable?

Comment

I will have to do some more research and testing to be sure. Where did you hear that HT? I had not heard about Civ2 Unlimited until today. I know Elys, the creator, said that the game became buggy when he tried to increase the 255 cities limit. To fix that he would need to work out the code and that would probably take longer to do than writing the whole thing from scratch, eek!

Hopefully the extra Units and extra money version will work OK. If it does then the "Too many units" bug in Red Front will no longer be an issue! I tested to see if I could create more than 2048 units and I could. I haven't tried to play on and see if there are any side effects but I will have a go.
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Catfish just pointed out to me (at CFC General forum) that I was already aware of Civ2 Unlimited and I had even posted a reply to Boco about it in Feb 07 on this forum! I think years of heavy drinking must have destroyed my memory

I forgot to mention that this works for either MGE or ToT. The interface is very neat and it is a doddle to use. There have been no reports of bugs from the 170 odd people who have downloaded it so far which is a good sign. As far as I can tell it does not overwrite anything in your MGE or ToT folders so if there was a but you can just go back to using the normal civ2.exe to launch the game.
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

This sounds awesome...So this has reached stability?

I must test CIV2-Unlimited right away!

Extra units is a big start...!
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
          http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

As far as I can see there have been no complaints about stability problems. I have done some testing and the game seems to function with over 2048 units but I think there may be a minor issue where the defense minister stops counting them. That might just be because I crash cheated 400 odd units to go over the threshold! Some more testing is probably required. We are going to try Civ2 Unlimited on our hotseat game of La Belle Epoque at Civ Webring where we had come up against the unit limit a while back. If there are any problems this should highlight them hopefully!

I would recommend running your own tests before basing a whole scenario or scenario upgrade on it. The good thing is that you can include the launcher with any scenario you build that requires it and it does not require installation and will not overwrite anything in peoples main scenario folder!

If anyone experiences anything positive or negative please post here so that everyone will be aware. Thanks
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I did some testing a long time ago. IIRC, one of my conclusions was that a scen had to be developed using the NOLIMIT CIV2.exe. Hope I'm wrong on that, but I would test LaBelle Epoque with the NOLIMIT .exe before starting play.
              Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
              Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Ah, I hope you are wrong too. I was hoping to make use of Civ2 Unlimited to solve the "Too many Units" problem in Fortress Europe. I will enquire at CFC to see if anyone can confirm this. Thanks Agri!
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by McMonkey View Post
                  Take a look at this thread at CFC guys:
                  http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=205794

Not sure how useful it would be for single player games, but for multiplayer games the increased unit limit would be a godsend! Has anyone tried this out yet?

EDIT: I don't think Elys managed to overcome the 255 cities cap. Thought I would add that before anyone got too excited!

It would be very useful for scens like Red Front 1.4 TOT and others where there are difficulties with Too Many Units.

I would suggest that this utility be added to the utility downloads at SF if it can be done without breaking any Poly rules.
                  Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                  Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

At CivWebring Patine has reported that Civ2Unlimited does not work with Windows 7. Have any other W7 users found this?

We really need to find a solution as I have been attacked by the Spanish in Portugal and really want to get me some payback. As they say, it really is a MF
                    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                    SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

I may be able to test this out this weekend. Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X