editing shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• editing shields

Hi folks. I'v manged to edit the flags, cities, units, terrain and plenty of other things, but i cant figure out for the life of me if it is possible to edit the shields? I'm using civ2 MGE, although i have tot too, if it is only possible on one (or not at all).

For MGE you can add customized shields to units by adding them to the units in the UNITS.gif and aligning them using the two blue dots on the green grid. The customized shield will sit on top of the default one. Just make sure they are lines up and the health bar is not obscured. Take a look at someone elses UNIT.gif from a scenario that uses customized shields to see how it is done.

Note the location of the blue dots:
    Attached Files
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Keep in mind that if you customize shields for particular units, you won't be able to see their current commands (you know, F for fortify next turn etc.)

Also, the shape of the generic shields can be changed by adjusting the master shield at the top right corner of the unit.gif. The health bar is always at the top of the shield shape.
      Last edited by kobayashi; June 8, 2009, 23:52.
      This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi View Post
        Also, the shape of the generic shields can be changed by adjusting the master shield at the top right corner of the unit.gif.
        I never knew that! Off to do some experimenting
        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
        SL INFORMATION THREAD
        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

Ah righto. thanks for the info. I was under the impression for some reason the shield would sit over my custom shield. This makes it alot easier

Comment

Working...
          X