Eddie's Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie's Scenarios

Here are 8 Civ2 scenarios that I have made.
    I’ve never posted them on the net before so only a few people, my friends, have seen them, but I think they’re as good as most.
    If you fancy giving them a try just download the folder and put it in your Scenario folder of your Civ2 directory and you should be able to run them from the Civ2Scen icon, as any other scenario.
    Heres some info:

ORACLE – A Quest in a fantasy land to find an Oracle for which the whereabouts are unknown. Lots of mystical creatures and weird things are around in this one.
    U MUST PLAY AS DALZERNIANS in this scenario. The others aern’t supposed to be played.

ORACLE 2 – Follows directly on from Oracle after u have completed it. This begins a quest for a second Oracle
    AGAIN ONLY DALZERNIANS SHOULD BE PLAYED

LAZAROS – War on a medieval type world. Generally supposed to be played as the Lazaroids but u could try others.

SPACEWAR – Interplanetary Space War. Ur meant to play as the Federation.

DAMADROS – Big War in a Lord of the Rings type setting. U can play anyone.

VITALGA – Meant to play as Tulvesh but U can play as others.

SPARTA – U should probably stick to playing the Spartans here.

SARRATIXTA – Play Anyone

Let me know what you think of them if you have a go.
    I think the Oracle ones are probably the most interesting.

Link doesn' seem to work.
    Attached Files
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

I think it's "broken" because you copy/pasted the shortcut. The "..."s are omitted letters.

good luck fixing it.
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Hopefully this should work now.
        Sorry about that.

Comment

@DarkCloud

Didn't copy and paste........just clicked on link in Xavier7's first post.

@Xavier7

New link works fine. Thx.
          Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
          Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Hmm, interesting. But very raw for want of a better metaphor.

For starters, the graphics could be better (I see most are borrowed).

But on the bright side, all folders have sounds and pedia text.

This is good.

So if you're interested in working on them some more (I have some thoughts that I think would significantly improve them), I'd like to help.

There seems to be something interesting here, just not enough as is to play.

Still, very promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Elensar View Post
              Hmm, interesting. But very raw for want of a better metaphor.

For starters, the graphics could be better (I see most are borrowed).

But on the bright side, all folders have sounds and pedia text.

This is good.

So if you're interested in working on them some more (I have some thoughts that I think would significantly improve them), I'd like to help.

There seems to be something interesting here, just not enough as is to play.

Still, very promising.
              I'm interested in suggestions as to how they could be improved, if you could share.
              Which do you think is the best of them?

Heres another link if anyone else wants to download it as the first one has expired now.

Comment

Hard to say what's best - though I think the Lazaros one offers the most interesting position.

So that's what I'm going to look at as "How can this be improved?" first, unless you would prefer attention being paid to another.

Comment

Hard to say what's best - though I think the Lazaros one offers the most interesting position.

So that's what I'm going to look at as "How can this be improved?" first, unless you would prefer attention being paid to another.
                  I don't mind. Look at whichever you like the most by all means.
                  In my opinion the Oracle ones are the most interesting though as theres tons of mad stuff going on from the events file on them.

Comment

I think they're an interesting concept, but I am not sure it translates well to Civilization - which is a pity.

Alright, starting at the begining here (anything already designed, please say so - I'm just going in order of what needs to be done to make this good) so the first priority on the Lazaros scenario is to determine what would be victory on the part of the player.

Holding all that is held at the begining? Destroying the horde? Pushing the horde back (short of total destruction)?

Comment

I think they're an interesting concept, but I am not sure it translates well to Civilization - which is a pity.

Alright, starting at the begining here (anything already designed, please say so - I'm just going in order of what needs to be done to make this good) so the first priority on the Lazaros scenario is to determine what would be victory on the part of the player.

Holding all that is held at the begining? Destroying the horde? Pushing the horde back (short of total destruction)?
                      I intended the goal for the Lazaroids to hold back the Tulvesh and eventually conquer their cities and civilization, although that is difficult in the extreme.
                      The Vistkings were meant to invade and conquer the Lazaroids
                      The Tulvesh were meant to conquer everyone.
                      The other civilizations are probably too weak to really be playable in the scenario as it is.

By the way these scenarios are all 11 or 12 years old.
                      I think I made the Lazaros one before Conflicts in Civilization came out but modified it again after that.
                      I used to be obsessed with Civilization then but didn't have the internet so I never posted them online.
                      I stopped playing the game for a few years and only just dug them out again recently.

Comment

That explains the graphics - there's been a lot of development in the Civ community from the basically-like-the-default game style (though it appears in a couple other scenarios you've drawn your own?).

As for the scenario: I would suggest this.

The Lazaroids should need to struggle to survive - maybe have to research something (Look at the scenario Hannibal's War for an example of research in a total war scenario) before they can throw out the barbarians.

That means the player can't just crank production really high, set taxes really high and ignore research.

The Tulvesh and Vistkings meanwhile can just be total war generate lots of powerful units.

So I would suggest, for the Lazaroids, the following unit types (to start with):

Spearmen (currently called phalanx): Decent defenders, not counting special units, relatively cheap to produce. Lousy attack.

Swordsmen (currently called legions): Pretty decent all around, average unit.

Cavalry: Good attack, bad vs. cities. Not so good defense.

Catapults: As is.

Probably should have some elite unit, but I'm not sure what.

Comment

That explains the graphics - there's been a lot of development in the Civ community from the basically-like-the-default game style (though it appears in a couple other scenarios you've drawn your own?).

As for the scenario: I would suggest this.

The Lazaroids should need to struggle to survive - maybe have to research something (Look at the scenario Hannibal's War for an example of research in a total war scenario) before they can throw out the barbarians.

That means the player can't just crank production really high, set taxes really high and ignore research.

The Tulvesh and Vistkings meanwhile can just be total war generate lots of powerful units.

So I would suggest, for the Lazaroids, the following unit types (to start with):

Spearmen (currently called phalanx): Decent defenders, not counting special units, relatively cheap to produce. Lousy attack.

Swordsmen (currently called legions): Pretty decent all around, average unit.

Cavalry: Good attack, bad vs. cities. Not so good defense.

Catapults: As is.

Probably should have some elite unit, but I'm not sure what.
                          I drew a few units myself but mostly just took them from other people's scenarios.
                          Maybe I could make the Tulvesh and Vistkings have a few units appearing from the events file so they keep the pressure on.
                          The Lazaroids I think have a special cavalry unit which they only get one of, but maybe they should have another one that only they can build.

Theres also a whole other big continent on there so maybe there should be something to discover there.
                          Its a pity theres the restriction of there being 7 civilizations, as I'd probably put some others on there otherwise. Is that 7 civilizations limit something that can be altered now with the advances in the Civ community?

Comment

Sadly, no.

But you could combine a couple weak civilizations (that are doomed to get crushed by the Tulvesh) and use the free slot.

Also, I would suggest having "leader" units - you have plenty of free unit slots.

Comment

Working...
                            X