No announcement yet.

Designing a scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to be so dumb that I do not understand your last post but I can see the problem in the screenshot.

Why don't you try the following:

1. Make a folder A on desktop.
    2. Pick an existing TOT scen and unzip it in A.
    3. Start the scen and save in A.
    3. Edit or replace a file.
    4. Load the save to see the effect of your change.
    5. Do this one file at a time.

This should keep things simple and systematic.

Every scen can be played in its own desktop folder because designers include all needed files in the scen zip.
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Well, if you see the situation in the screenshot, you know what I'm having a problem with - the units bmp file is blank, which the civilopedia shows properly, but the settler still looks like one of Fairline's.

Will try what you suggest if no one knows what went wrong - good to know that in regards to ToT scenarios.

Comment

Now that we know your exact setup, it will be much easier to diagnose any problems you encounter.

TOT can be unpredictable at times after unit files are edited. While playtesting during Mac Galleo's development of Red Front TOT, editing the units file or .spr files produced some vanilla TOT units on the game map when an edited file was loaded. That is why I suggested that either exiting TOT and reloading it or exiting the scen and reloading the save should fix the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Elensar View Post
          Let me rephrase that...default/Original as in "Original game", not as in the original (loathesome - thank the saints for Fairline) graphics.

If I try and start a game with the edited file (Fairline's works fine, so I must be doing something wrong), the civilopedia displays it just fine, the game...

Said file is set to be blank (for now), but its odd that the game thinks I'm using Fairline's altered:

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...Screenshot.jpg
          I would say there is something wrong with your describe.txt file. Try to use this one and you should see them. Copy it in your TOT folder => Original game.
          Attached Files
          American War of Independence
          A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA View Post
            YECCHHH!!! There is nothing better than icons of brown horses on a dark brown background. I'm convinced that the fatally ugly and cheerless palette used in all TOT displays was selected by a manic depressive who suffers from the consequences of spending his childhood lost in D&D dungeons.
            Hm, I like it, it´s much better than the one which comes with the original TOT game. The original one made me always depressiv when I saw it.
            American War of Independence
            A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

I would say there is something wrong with your describe.txt file. Try to use this one and you should see them. Copy it in your TOT folder => Original game.
              You are right, the Describe file in the Original Game folder has an abbreviated @UNITS section.

However, Red Front TOT has its own, heavily modified Describe file in the scen folder. This is the file that the game uses. Only if there is no Describe (or any other needed file) in the scen folder does the game look for and use the file in the TOT folder.

Comment

Working...
              X