Purchased and awaiting CIVILIZATION II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased and awaiting CIVILIZATION II

I wanted to go back to where it all began for me, so i bought a CIV II for my Playstation and also a CIV II for PC

I have TOT for PC but wanted the Vanilla as well

I also bought a strategy guide from back then

I sure missed my advisers board telling me updates

Has anyone played CIV II on Vista?

Thanks and will keep all posted how it goes

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll View Post

Has anyone played CIV II on Vista?
    Civ2MGE worked fine for me.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Just curious, is there any sort of editor on the Playstation version of CIV II?

Been so many years

How about the PC version?

I had to get the strategy guide, so I could refresh myself on the various terrain types, Im actually excited about playing this again

I plan in evenings between doing my PBEM's in Call To Power, and a couple of PITBOSS games for CIV IV:BTS, to play the Playstation version

I'll probably do a storyline as well.

I havent looked, but from memory, Ming,rah,-JRabbit and others from a certain-unnamed Geographical area, seems like you folks got together for games or used to?? (CIV II MP?)

I shall quit feeling giddy for now, but look forward to once again going back to where it all began!

Gramps

Comment

Well there goes the regular sleep schedule!!

I think you must remember how misleading the strat guide that comes with the game can be... You might want to check out the topped threads here that complied great strategy ideas...Great Library, Early Landing (esp good for Trading ideas), and Early Conquest threads.

Also, make sure your game is patched to Ver2.42. If it's not on the disk, open a .sav game and look under File --> Game Options...the box that comes up has the version info across the top.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody Monk View Post
          Well there goes the regular sleep schedule!!

I think you must remember how misleading the strat guide that comes with the game can be... You might want to check out the topped threads here that complied great strategy ideas...Great Library, Early Landing (esp good for Trading ideas), and Early Conquest threads.

Also, make sure your game is patched to Ver2.42. If it's not on the disk, open a .sav game and look under File --> Game Options...the box that comes up has the version info across the top.

Monk
          I got the PC version in and am playing as we speak, fixing to go fry some HOT WINGS and return

One addition I see with this PC CIV II is I can access the the bottom of my desktop instead of playing around with ALT + TAB

Well..just getting reacclamated..chat later..play now

Comment

I still play my civ2 mge, played today, in fact. As for editors, you can alter some aspects of the pc version relatively easily with pretty much any image program and notepad.
            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard View Post
              I still play my civ2 mge, played today, in fact. As for editors, you can alter some aspects of the pc version relatively easily with pretty much any image program and notepad.

Thanks

Played a little yesterday and much more tooooo-nite

Comment

Working...
              X