Thanks Monk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Monk

I got rid of the down load of MGE. And down loaded the patches from the Civ fanatics page to convert Civ 2 Classic (By Cedric Greene) that makes Civ 2 Classic into Civ 2 Multi-player Gold Edition,which they said would be able to play these scenarios for Civ 2 Gold. Nothing still didn't work. I still got the message " Failed to load. Not a saved game" even though it was a scenario. I still don't remember how to do this. Could you walk me through it.ie.C:\MPS\Civ2\ ?\? etc. That would be great if you could do that for me. Thank you John Boc

Did you also tried to change classic into FW??? Some scenario's can only be played with FW or do you know that the scenario you want to play is a MGE scenario.

Comment

Are you trying to load a saved game or play a scenario?

Comment

You're welcome. I wish there was a better outcome.

I have no experience with actually using Cedric's patch. I was unmanned by all the ominous warnings of danger, proceed at your own risk that he put in the instructions. I bought the game on ebay instead. It was very inexpensive.

The only thing I can add at this stage is to restate Harry Tuttle's advise. When the first page comes up, after the opening starfield click, did you click "Begin Scenario"?? Is the file you are trying to load a ".scn"??

To make sure the various changes you made were done right, have you loaded and played a regular ".sav" file??

Good luck,
        Monk
        Last edited by Bloody Monk; February 27, 2009, 13:28. Reason: Thanks Harry. I took too long trying to type and didn't see your post.
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
        X