What do the shield numbers mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the shield numbers mean?

Apologies if this has already been asked (probably has) but when you go into cheat mode and reveal the map, the computer units often have numbers (or lowercase letters; I saw an 's') on their shields. What do these mean?
    === Jez ===

sentry?

But I haven't played Civ2 in ten years, so I might be wrong...
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

yes, "s" is for sleep or sentry

"F" is for fortify.

"G" is for units using the goto command.

I think the numbers may be a misperception. the "G" looks a lot like a number sometimes.
      Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
      ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

No, there are numbers. 1, 3, 6, and 9 in my current game. I don't remember if there was an answer to this question and can't find it in the archives. So now the question bothers me.
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I'm just speculating., but could it be the number of turns the unit needs to complete it's current "go to" order?

Comment

OK, I was wrong. I just revealed the map on some scenario and saw a unit with a "U" on its shield.

I can only guess what these things might be. maybe they are referring to the purpose the AI is putting them to. I know from an old civ2 multiplay hack I used to have, when I would take over for a computer player, none of the units were ever on a goto command.
            Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
            ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Working...
            X