Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major problems with the website archives; can anybody help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problems with the website archives; can anybody help?

Hello everybody. If anybody's noticed, I've been gone a while, due to poor circumstances and the recent death of my computer which resulted in the loss of not just my scenarios, but all of the CivFanatics and Apolyton scenarios and maps had I acquired as well. I was hoping to get them all back, but unfortunately, I wasn't at all prepared for what I found.
    Here's an excerpt from a similar thread I had posted in the 'General' Section:

"I recently noticed, after being gone so long, that this website has undergone some major changes. Unfortunately, I think it's been for the worst in a big way, and I'll try to explain why.

I wanted to download some scenarios and maps today, to replace what I had lost{over 5 dozen from this site, I believe}, but a major problem came up. Now when I clicked on the 'Scenarios' link, everything was fine, but when I got to the 'Modpacks' section it only went from A to I, and the 'Maps' section, A to D!

I know I had downloaded stuff from both in the past that went to J and beyond for Modpacks and E and beyond for Maps. Can somebody please tell me what happened? I may not be able to replace some of the things I've lost, unless this dilemma is resolved."

I now realize I unintentionally neglected to mention that I had managed to acquire the 'Wasteland' scenario, but I had to use the Advanced Search method{I was lucky enough to remember the correct Scenario filename, or I might not have gotten it back at all.}to do so. Why isn't there any 'Next Page' indicator or anything like that? Something tells me somebody really screwed up when they updated the website{No offense, but.........}

As I said in my other thread, any help is appreciated{Thanks to DaveJ for suggesting I post this here in the SLeague area }
    I'm just a normal dude interested in making this world a better place.

Have you tried just asking the site administrators if the files are really lost? They might just be missplaced.

Comment

Working...
    X