Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global warming makes all terrain improvements slower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global warming makes all terrain improvements slower?

Hey guys, long time no see!

I'm back into Civ2. I reinstalled Civ2 Test of Time to my laptop and it's burning up my free time, I can tell you!

I noticed something a little odd. In my game, global warming happened once already, and now I'm trying to clean up the mess with an army of Engineers (once I cornered the AI so it couldn't throw nukes at me grrr...). But I noticed that improvements that normally took a certain amount of time seem to take longer. Irrigation, transformation, etc.

Has anybody else noticed this?
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

It's good to know that I'm not the only one to return to Civ2 now and then.

I have not noticed this, but global warming is rare enough for me to have missed it. Also, I usually play the 2.42 version (because it's prettier).

Comment

Yeah, I hate the ToT graphics. I'm trying to remember how I switched them back to the 2.42 icons. I think I just manually set all the units in rules.txt to have a "1" in a certain column.

I'm also playing with the No Limits mod, and on a really really huge Earth map. It's so big that, playing as the Chinese, I literally have no interest in building any larger than China actually historically got. The sheer number of city management is pretty intense.

Also all the other nations are in Africa or Europe and if I hadn't built Marco Polo, I'd literally never have seen them. The map is just too big.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

(Double post)
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
        X