Some Event questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Event questions

# 1; Has anyone ever set up an event with a randomturn trigger, a createunit action, but with a justonce modifier so that this random unit creation only happens once?

# 2; Has anyone ever set up an event so that a unit from civ A is created using the randomturn trigger in a city owned at start by civ B ? The idea is that no units from civ A appear as long as civ B owns the city, but if the city is taken by civ B, then it begins to receive these randomturn trigger-generated units.

# 3; Does anyone know about why barbarian units created by events sometimes attack and sometimes don't? Slots? roles? unit costs? hit points?

# 4; (not really an events question) Is it true that barbarian boats will not attack UNLESS they are set on sleep/sentry at the start of a scenario, and IN A BARB CITY? The conventional knowledge I've seen says that barb ships generated during the course of vanilla play will attack if an opportunity presents itself, but are more likely to disappear. I personally can't think of a single occasion other than the one above where I've seen a barb ship attack. Is it slots? role? costs?
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

This probably doesn't help a lot, but here goes...

# 1 I don't remember, but the idea is sound and should work.

# 2 Yep, although I'm not sure that the randomturn trigger was used. In "Hammer" I believe the Norse receives free units (ships) in Bayeaux in Normandy, if they have gotten a particular technology. If the city is not owned by the Norse, no ships appear.

# 3 No, not really. It's always been a puzzle. Barbarian missile units (destroyed after attacking) work great though - they always attack. I believe setting their roles to ATT is good, and avoiding the carrier slot is a plus. But no solid methodical knowledge. Would be a great thing to get uncovered.

# 4 I had great trouble getting barbarian produced ships to attack and be active in "Hammer" while pre-placed barbarian ships always attacked at their first available opportunity.
    The Slim End Of The Long Tail -
    Kaplak Stream

Comment

I'll have to try out the combination of events to see if it works. Let you know what happens when figured out.

I understand the idea of the tech and the city. If my idea doesn't work, yours will.

I can't get barbarian ships to attack at all, pre-placed or event-generated. Most of the time, they simply disband. ACII has a load of barb ships that won't disband. ever. But they don't ever attack--unless they are in a city (that they will apparently NOT move out of ...) and a player ship unit passes next to the barb city. In Hellas, the barb ships do the same thing. In Hellas, some storms are run by a player civ. They don't disappear and they do attack. There are some other storms that are barbs. They disappear instantly after their first turn of movement. I can't get the barbs naval/storms to work at all in two different scenarios I have "finished" and unfinnished.

It seems that; Barbs can't run ships, and if they do not disband them, they won't attack anything unless they are in a city. (They don't have to be on sleep/sentry to attack either.)
      Lost in America.
      "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
      "or a very good liar." --Stefu
      "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Working...
      X