Civ ii no cd patch/crack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ ii no cd patch/crack

I would really like to get the NO CD crack to work but I have never been able to do so successfully in the past. I think the files I downloaded may have been corrupt or out of date for the version of CivII I am running (IE MGE/Tot), who knows. Most of the info I can find using Google is really old and some of the links for downloads no longer exist. Could someone post the working version they use (if it is not too big!) and any relevant instructions. I would be really grateful, especially if it saves me from a frustrating morning of downloading and swearing!!!
    SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
    SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
    SL INFORMATION THREAD
    CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Extract zips in separate folders and follow instructions in text files.

These work.
    Last edited by Solver; January 4, 2009, 15:20.
    Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
    Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Que?

Where do I find the file?

The link for the one at CivFanatics no longer exists. When I Google search "civilization 2 no cd patch crack download" I just get a load of BS about CivIV and goodness knows what else. Can anyone provide me with a link to a site where I can download the crack please? I posted because I needed help, not to be to be patronised!
      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

You might notice that Agricola's post has been edited by one of the site's administrators. Posting cracks is against forum rules.

The CFC link is still there. The old database.

As for ToT: it's just as well I have an FAQ page on my site.
        Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Cracks verboten

@Catfish
          You are 119% correct. Against Poly policy, as I have been duly informed in a very nice PM from one of the Powers-that-be.

@McM
          Check your e-mail if you haven't changed your e-mail address in last year and a half. Otherwise PM me the new one.

Comment

Thanks guys. Sorry for my snotty reply before, I was not aware that the post had been edited by someone other than AGRICOLA, I thought it was a strange reply!

I also wasn't aware that what I had requested was against any rules! I had seen the link on Apolyton provided by one of their Moderators so I thought it was legitimate, I'm not that computer savvy sometimes. I have owned probably five or six legitimate copies of CivII and ToT over the years (many have been passed onto friends) and I just wanted the crack so that I could play the game straight from a USB key on a laptop without swapping disks around!

Thanks for the e-mail AGRI
            SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
            SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

In the future would you kindly refer to them as MGE/TOT NO CD MODPACKS.

Comment

Originally posted by AGRICOLA View Post
                In the future would you kindly refer to them as MGE/TOT NO CD MODPACKS.

Funny... but still...

Please keep this kind of "discussion and file transfers" via PM or Email, since it isn't allowed here
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Gotcha. No more bending of rules.

Comment

CIV2 is ridicously cheap on Amazon - No reason not to own the full product...!

I went and bought several original ToT boxed games, just in case.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                    http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I own several copies of CivII and have made backup CD's for my own personal use (IE In case I scratch, snap or frisbee the CD out of a window by mistake) and keep the original copies in a hallowed place wrapped in satin. All I was looking for was the no cd thingy so that I could have CivII on a USB key and play it anywhere on any computer without having to cart around a cd!

I wish I hadn't said anything now I will take myself off and refresh my memory of the forum rules which I may or may not have read when I joined
                      SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                      SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

McMonkey was not looking for free game CD's for MGE or TOT, only the MGE/TOT NO CD MODPACKS that many of us use to avoid having to use our CD drives to play the games.

CIV2 is ridicously cheap on Amazon

Yes, my TOT was $1.89 for the CD and $10 for shipping and handling.

EDIT: Oops, a bit of x-posting.
                        Last edited by AGRICOLA; January 5, 2009, 15:53. Reason: X-post

Comment

Cross posts rule

Spot on AGRI, but rules is rules and I broke em!

Oh, and I have not got your e-mail yet. My e-mail is the same as before. Thanks.
                          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                          SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

If anyone is interested I have some great deals on Blueray DVD players. I just so happen to have a few here in my trunk...

Comment

Put me down for one Delboy.

SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                              SL INFORMATION THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X