The Greek world Divided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Greek world Divided

I have been working on this scenario of the ancient Greek World, here is the description:

The Greek World Divided

It has been 40 years since the united Greeks defeated the Persians at Salamis and the Carthaginians at Himera, the "Belle Epoche" of Classical Greece is at its height. However, rivalry between the great maritime power of Athens and the warlike Spartans threatens to divide the Greek World. Can the Athenians lead the Ionian Greeks to prosperity under a new Hellenistic League? Or will the Spartans lead the Dorians to instill their Laconian discipline across the Aegean?
    Meanwhile, the Carthaginians and Persians are still recovering from their defeats, but will they strike again whilst the Greeks are squabbling amongst themselves?
    On the fringe of the Greek World, a small city state on the River Tiber named Rome has risen to lead the surrounding tribes in revolt against the Etruscan and Samnite invaders, is this city destined for greatness?
    I know there is already a scenario about the Pelleponesian Wars, but I don't like the way Sicily is not in it, much of the fighting in the Pelloponesian Wars occured during Athen's disasterous "Sicilian Campaign".

Also this scenario allows you to play as one of the other great mediterranean powers of the day (Persia, Carthage, Rome, or the Samnites).

Yo can relive the early Roman conquests of Italy, or play as the Samnites and defeat Rome.

I have attached the scenario files, unfortunately the events only take you to 400 BC because of the restriction in the file size. But by this time any serious players will have rewritten history so much that real world historical events would not come to be.

The technologies, units, wonders and city improvements are all from the "Mediterranean Wars" scenario by Paul Mutica.

Enjoy and all quips, criticisms and concerns are encouraged.
    Attached Files

Second part of senario files

Due to the maximum file size of uploads, I had to split the scenario files in two. Here is part 2 of the files.
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the Scenario League Salaambo. I'll give this one a go - good subject.

BTW, the units are not by Paul Mutica, they were taken by him from Bernd Brosing's (BeBro) Imperium Romanum.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Cool, I'll try it if it's for FW... if it's for MGE, I'll upgrade... and if it's for ToT, I'll swear...
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Working...
        X